Used to be an XJ guy but now proud Compass owner - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By InsaneDonutz
  • 1 Post By InsaneDonutz

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 11-04-2017, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Used to be an XJ guy but now proud Compass owner

Hello forum! In 2011 i bought a 1991 Cherokee Laredo and absolutely loved it. I didnt do too much to it (just painted the rims black and new tires) and kept it nice and stock. It was an automatic with the 4.0 engine and before i sold it, it had around 400k miles. It had death wobble and some running issues (would start up but just turn off) and i ended up having to sell it.

In spring of 2015 i bought a 1999 Cherokee Sport that was a manual 5 speed and had a small 1.5 inch lift on 235 destinations. It also had death wobble but i was determined to fix it. I bought new shocks, new springs, new stabilizer, new arms and more (around 1 grand just on parts) and with just my luck, the day my parts came in my jeep was totaled by someone that ran a stop. RIP to that jeep!

So after the accident i had about 2 weeks to find a car (our rental only covered 2 weeks) and my wife and i decided on a brand new car! Mostly so we didnt have to worry about death wobble or anything. We looked to the Compass for its price and in my opinion its similarity to an XJ. I've been very happy with it ever since! So far its completely stock but i am about to get tires and rims soon. Thanks for reading!
zoner99 likes this.

2015 Compass Latitude - Bought with 10 miles on it and currently at 48k miles

1991 Cherokee Laredo - Stock with over 400k miles, sold in 2015

1999 Cherokee Sport - Manual trans with around 130k miles, lifted 1.5 inches on 235 tires, totaled in 2016 😢
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-04-2017, 09:28 PM

Welcome. I've owned an XJ and a new Cherokee Trailhawk. Happy miles. These get a smidge better MPGs, though the torque is less and higher at 4,000. What trim and options did you get?

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2017, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

We bought a 2015 Compass Latitude, 2.4L engine, with the 'basic' uconnect radio, but hey thank god for heated seats and the key fob ignition. Ahhh i remember in my 91 xj laredo I'd get max 15 mpg!
Mudman1 likes this.

2015 Compass Latitude - Bought with 10 miles on it and currently at 48k miles

1991 Cherokee Laredo - Stock with over 400k miles, sold in 2015

1999 Cherokee Sport - Manual trans with around 130k miles, lifted 1.5 inches on 235 tires, totaled in 2016 😢
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-19-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneDonutz View Post
We bought a 2015 Compass Latitude, 2.4L engine, with the 'basic' uconnect radio, but hey thank god for heated seats and the key fob ignition. Ahhh i remember in my 91 xj laredo I'd get max 15 mpg!
Cool.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in