Greetings - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Wolfy

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 12-28-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Greetings

Greetings everyone. I am the proud new owner of a 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. My Partner and I picked up our little beast last weekend when we happened upon it stopping at a nearby Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership to get a couple of other things asked about and appointments set up for a Dodge Dart and Chrysler PT Cruiser. We both latched on to the vehicle, took it for a drive, and left two cars there, taking this one home. This little wagon-ey thing is amazing, and the only thing it shared with the rental penalty box by the same name that I drove for two months last fall is the name. I can't wait to get a few things done to make it ours and take this on a trip to see how it does on a long highway cruise.

As the saying goes, Pics or it didn't happen, right? So.... Without further delay, I'll upload a couple. I look forward to getting to know the group.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeep Compass1.jpg (58.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Jeep Compass2.jpg (53.7 KB, 6 views)
zoner99, WisHawk and arudlang like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Welcome to the club! That story sounds a lot like how we ended up with our new compass, we were at the dealer for something totally different and ran across the compass by chance, couldn't leave without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy
rental penalty box by the same name

We took ours on a trip to Chicago and back a couple weekends ago and it was great. I was even getting 30 MPG for the first part of the trip but lowered down to 28 due to a lot of hills and increased speed limit. Very comfortable quiet ride.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-28-2017, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Welcome to the club! That story sounds a lot like how we ended up with our new compass, we were at the dealer for something totally different and ran across the compass by chance, couldn't leave without it!

We took ours on a trip to Chicago and back a couple weekends ago and it was great. I was even getting 30 MPG for the first part of the trip but lowered down to 28 due to a lot of hills and increased speed limit. Very comfortable quiet ride.
Yeah, I'm just clinging to 20 mpg in the lovely cold weather that has settled over the area, despite winter gas, and liberal use of the remote start to keep things nice and warm when I get to it. I'm wanting to take a nice long highway cruise just for the sake of seeing how it is on the highway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-29-2017, 01:48 PM

Don't forget to reset the MPG counter when you go, it doesn't automatically reset after you fill up with gas (something my old Honda did) you have to hold the OK button on the left of the steering wheel for like 8 seconds to reset the MPG screen or either of the Trips A or B individually. Otherwise you will just keep building an average MPG across all the miles you have ever driven and it will be low for a long time due to the remote starts and shorter trips.

I am only barely getting 21 MPG now, same thing lots of remote starts and winter gas. I was getting 27-28 in the fall.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-29-2017, 09:46 PM

Welcome.

Congrats on getting the new Compass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in