My Jeep Compass Forum banner

08 Compass notrh Edition

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Corey stephenson 
#1 ·
Hi, it was hard deciding what to pick up, i was torn between a 09 caliber sxt and the 08 Compass North edition with less then 60k.... :) decided on the Compass.

let me get it out of the way... i love my compass..... :D best car i have ever owned....

there is one thing that's kinda nagging me... it's actually a weird sound.... after running the engine, (idle is good enough) for about 5-10 mins i start hearing a Gurgling sound. I don't think it's anything really serious... (at least i hope not) coming out of my rear Driver side of the car.. it seems to be coming outta my muffler.... i noticed it at the dealer but the guys there insisted that there is nothing wrong. i noticed some water spitting outta the muffler while at the dealership. They insisted that it's just water that got in while they were cleaning it with a pressure washer. I thought that was likely, and that after a little bit of driving (oh about 200km or so over the last week since i got her). it's still there a friend of mine said that it could be some kinda damage in the engine that's letting radiator fluid into the exhaust system has anyone else had the same issue?

#3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you and congrats on your Compass! Couple things come to mind here. First, if you were getting coolant through the exhaust, you'd be seeing white smoke coming from the exhaust. Are you seeing anything like that? Second, it is possible they may have inadvertently sprayed water in there when cleaning it, but it is normal for there to be some condensation on the inside of the exhaust. Are you getting any water coming out?

- Cherokee

#4 ·
ummm... damm... did not even think to check for smoke... i am going to have to double check that....

As for spraying water in the exhaust, that's what the guy at the dealership said... the sound seems to be going away but it comes back on occasion. But yeah, when i picked it up there was a large spray of water coming out the tail pipe... Looked like a fan of water on their nice painted garage floor....

I did about 2hrs straight of driving this weekend and it seems to have clear out the "water" in the muffler.. it still makes a little bit of noise like boiling water... but it's not too bad... maybe a new cat back exhaust might take care of the rest of the noise..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.