2009 Jeep Compass from Virginia - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

2009 Jeep Compass from Virginia

Hello everybody! I've actually been lurking for quite some time, and actually decided to post since I had some time on my hands today. Anyways, we have a 2009 red Jeep Compass....no mods (well except for a wiper change, and some deer horns) yet, but there are definitely some plans in the future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome to the site Reggie!!!

Do you have any pictures of your Jeep?
post #3 of 19 Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Not very many pictures yet.....but I may just take it somewhere and get some nice pictures of it next week! Here's just 1 for now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Hey there Reggie and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Very nice looking Compass, thanks for sharing the pic! So what are those future mod plans you have for it? Some cool ideas here and great people and info, too, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Future mods....Maybe 20s or powdercoating the rims black, navi head-unit....amp/sub....nothing really major. Here are some more pictures!

post #6 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Garage
Looking good!
post #7 of 19 Old 06-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Administrator

It is looking good, nice pics!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #8 of 19 Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 AM

tire upgrade compass 2009 sport

My Compass 2009 sport 4wd version has 215/60R17" , I want to change it with 235/55R17, any comments? please advice, Thanks!
post #9 of 19 Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that I already have silverstar headlights....am planning on installing them for the fogs too, once I figure out how to get to them. Also planning on installing "Spider-lite" LEDs for the tails, and also LEDs for the interior. I would also like to have LED turn signals, but I'm assuming that most likely I'll get the fast flash (the car thinks the bulbs are out because of difference in wattage), so I may look into switching out the flasher to fix this problem. Will also be putting in a K&N drop-in filter as well. That's it for now!
post #10 of 19 Old 06-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Garage
you can also install some resistors to simulate the load of a regular bulb in order to do LEDs in the turn signals. i plan on doing this to mine, as i can't understand why they would put in LED brake lights in the 11, but not turn signals. oh well, gives me an excuse to do it myself.
post #11 of 19 Old 06-30-2011, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
you can also install some resistors to simulate the load of a regular bulb in order to do LEDs in the turn signals. i plan on doing this to mine, as i can't understand why they would put in LED brake lights in the 11, but not turn signals. oh well, gives me an excuse to do it myself.
I've thought about resistors myself, but they get hot after a lot of usage, and the risk is not quite the reward in that sense.
post #12 of 19 Old 06-30-2011, 06:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I've thought about resistors myself, but they get hot after a lot of usage, and the risk is not quite the reward in that sense.
they don't get as hot as you are lead to believe. they only have current going through them momentarily when the turn signal is lit up. you could leave your turn signal on for hours, and it wouldn't get any hotter than a laptop computer's power adaptor.
post #13 of 19 Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
they don't get as hot as you are lead to believe. they only have current going through them momentarily when the turn signal is lit up. you could leave your turn signal on for hours, and it wouldn't get any hotter than a laptop computer's power adaptor.
Hmmmm.....that's a good point.

Did some modding today, nothing really major. Changed the wiper blades and installed the K&N air filter. Also ordered LEDs for the interior...will post pictures when they are available. May also change the lights for the license plate as well.
post #14 of 19 Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Nice start to the mods! You notice any extra pick up and go with the K&N?

- Cherokee

post #15 of 19 Old 07-01-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Nice start to the mods! You notice any extra pick up and go with the K&N?

- Cherokee
It's too early to tell....it definitely makes the engine run a lot cooler. I mainly got it for the gas mileage, not HP. Today I'm going to Virginia Beach, which will be the first long distance trip with the K&N, so we'll see how that goes!
post #16 of 19 Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Reggie, check out my Airbox mod thread if you wanna tinker around. i found that i gained some milage with removeing a baffle inside the airbox. and my modified airbox had the same throttle respone as the k&n cai i have now. enjoy your compass and happy modding.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #17 of 19 Old 07-07-2011, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
Welcome to the forum Reggie, check out my Airbox mod thread if you wanna tinker around. i found that i gained some milage with removeing a baffle inside the airbox. and my modified airbox had the same throttle respone as the k&n cai i have now. enjoy your compass and happy modding.
I may have to check that out! Also I may steal your rim idea, makes the car look sick! I may go the powdercoat route, as I have terrible paint skills.

Installed white LEDs for the map lights. Huge difference. Totally forgot about trunk/dome lights so LEDs are on the way for those. Will also be replacing the license plate light with LEDs as well. Pics will be up once completed.
post #18 of 19 Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Just completed the Schecky air box mod. Haven't drove the car yet though, but I'll be curious to see how it runs on the way to work tomorrow. Also, replaced all 4 interior lights with LEDs. Will take pictures and post them as soon as it gets dark enough.

EDIT: Here are the pictures!

Last edited by Reggie; 07-11-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Adding photos
post #19 of 19 Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Looks good, nice upgrade, definitely easier at night, nice job!

- Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in