Hi - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 11-18-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Hello to the forum. After shopping the Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, and Toyota Rav4, we went to our local Chrysler-Jeep dealer yesterday and test drove a Jeep Compass. I was looking at the others because I didn't think American auto makers had anything to offer in that segment. Boy was I mistaken! We immediately fell in love with the Compass. Tomorrow we will pick up our 2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4WD with the 26E package and power sunroof in metallic khaki, with beige interior. I'm ecstatic we found this vehicle as I have never owned a foreign car, even one built in the U.S. This will be my wife's car. I own a Buick Enclave, and the Compass will be perfect as a second vehicle. Here on Pennsylvania's North Shore we enjoy winters with plenty of lake effect snow, and we love to play in it. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, because after searching through many other Jeep and Compass forums, this one looks like a friendly place to talk about something we all like, and help each other out with the day to day problems and share the fun of our new vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Welcome jacko.

I split your post out of another thread and put it here. How do you like the Enclave?

Like you we test drove a number of products and liked the Compass most. You get a lot for your money.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-18-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

The Enclave is a great vehicle. It's quiet and luxurious, even at the base trim level. For the price it beats the pants off the comparable Lexus, Acura, BMW, and Mazda. Like I said, mine is a base CX with AWD and a couple of driver convenience options, and I got out the door for $35,000 total US. The only drawback I've noticed is that it's a little short on power, but nothing that causes any problems while driving. The interior room is huge and the mpg is way better than suv's on a truck frame the same size. The unit body construction allows it to handle a lot like a luxury sedan, but doe's cut towing capacity down to 4,000 lbs. Take one for a test drive, it's addictive!

I must say though, as much as I love my Enclave, I'm really excited about picking up our new Compass tomorrow. The test drive was a gas, and I'm sure we're in for a really great ownership experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
ACX

congrats, and best of luck.

FWIW, we've had the g/fs compass for 11 months, driven daily, highways byways and even some mild offroad and the thing has not ever let us down.

For value, especially in canadian pricing, it could not be matched. I hope it works out for you folks as well as it has for us!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks ACX. We just got home from picking up our new Compass and taking it around to show off to our friends and family. Everyone thought it was unique and very sweet. The more my wife drives it, the more she loves it. It certainly grows on you quickly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in