2018 Limited - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 03-13-2018, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
jim

2018 Limited

Hey everyone,

I factory ordered a 2018 Limited last week... so the wait begins. I was told 8 weeks "hopefully", does anyone know if there's an easy way to see how long the wait is currently? Anyone recently place an order?

Thanks,

- Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-14-2018, 05:49 PM

congrats on getting a new compass.
Welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 12 Old 03-15-2018, 09:34 AM

Garage
There's a live chat on this page available and you can ask for the status of your order:
https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/e...WGxOMmc2T2w%3D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-15-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
jim

Thanks!
post #5 of 12 Old 03-15-2018, 06:06 PM

Welcome to the forum.

8 weeks = 7 weeks of: I'm OK waiting. And 1 week of: Is it here yet!?!

2017 Compass limited 4x4
post #6 of 12 Old 03-15-2018, 11:09 PM

Jim, its been a few days... How are you holding up? I would be losing my mind within a couple weeks.
I see you ordered a Limited... What kind of options did you go with? I know the dealership I went to had a limited selection of Compasses, so I know where you're coming from! They had 2 Limited, one Trailhawk, a few Sports and 3 Latitudes (of which I bought one and my wife bought one lol)
My days of special ordering are likely behind me, I really liked my Compass when i saw it on the lot. About the only thing I want that it doesn't have is the hood stripe... I'll be buying one soon (I hope.)
Anyhow, welcome to the group!
post #7 of 12 Old 03-16-2018, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
jim

We ordered a red Limited with the safety packages and the sunroof. Didn’t seem to be any stock in the area with that combination, and the sunroof was a must-have for us, along side the safety features which really should be standard across the model.

Really looking ok’ing forward to picking up the new ride in a month or two (or three), it will be a nice upgrade from our 2013 Fiat 500!
post #8 of 12 Old 03-16-2018, 01:09 PM

Totally makes sense! I think there was only one Compass at my dealership with the sunroof and safety package, but it was a Rhino colored Limited. The only other sunroof equipped one was a Granite Crystal Latitude (which is the Compass my wife bought), and it didn't have the safety package. The only red one on the lot was a front wheel drive Sport. I guess with all the combinations possible, ordering one you really want makes sense (especially if your dealer has limited availability!)
post #9 of 12 Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 PM

Same here for ours.
My dealer had to grab one from a dealer in San Diego for us.
The selection was "limited"

2017 Compass limited 4x4
post #10 of 12 Old 03-16-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
We ordered a red Limited with the safety packages and the sunroof. Didn’t seem to be any stock in the area with that combination, and the sunroof was a must-have for us, along side the safety features which really should be standard across the model.

Really looking ok’ing forward to picking up the new ride in a month or two (or three), it will be a nice upgrade from our 2013 Fiat 500!
I disagree and am glad that I didn't have to pay for those safety features. They lower the numbers of inattentive accidents thankfully but they also increase how inattentive a driver can be. It's one of those things where I am glad other drivers have it and wish that every car other than mine has it. But I refuse to be that oblivious while driving, which means they don't serve any real purpose (cept maybe forward collision prevention, can't beat a computers reaction time for that.)
post #11 of 12 Old 03-16-2018, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
jim

You could say the same about airbags, seatbelts, headlights.... what does your car look like if you don't use safety features?
post #12 of 12 Old 03-16-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
I disagree and am glad that I didn't have to pay for those safety features. They lower the numbers of inattentive accidents thankfully but they also increase how inattentive a driver can be. It's one of those things where I am glad other drivers have it and wish that every car other than mine has it. But I refuse to be that oblivious while driving, which means they don't serve any real purpose (cept maybe forward collision prevention, can't beat a computers reaction time for that.)
I hear ya Topweasel. But I'd rather have them, and ignore them. Drive as usual... and then have it save my butt when needed.
This already happened once on our recent long drive. 13 hours straight of driving, and I was a little tired, out in the middle of nowhere on the freeway going 75+mph.
A guy going 10mph pulled across the freeway to do an illegal u-turn across the median. I saw him, but didn't react fast enough. The Compass did, and even when it was 300-ft away, it was hitting the brakes for me.

It only takes once for you to appreciate the assist. (and to be fair, you agreed on the front collision warning)

2017 Compass limited 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in