First Jeep Ever! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Talking First Jeep Ever!

This is my first Jeep ever. Bought a new-to-me Olive Green 2009 4X4 Sport 5spd with Boston Stereo. 14K miles, and in great shape! So far, so good. First thing I did when I got home was order and install a new shift knob for it. I couldn't STAND the OEM knob. Ended up with a NRG Super Low Down Heavy Weight 5-speed (Black) Universal Shift Knob, and LOVE the way it looks and feels in the Jeep. Most of all, the car now feels the way I want it to coming from first to second, which seemed like such a L-O-N-G throw to me - maybe I just have short arms...No other mods (yet), but may be up for some that don't require a lot of technical skill. It's my ONLY car, so I can't have it taken apart for longer than a day... I like what I'm experiencing so far. Go JEEP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us..........great people in here with great info, please enjoy !

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome to the site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome, glad to have you aboard! Congrats on your Compass, good to hear you're enjoying it! You should post up some pics, we'd love to see it! Sounds like a cool upgrade to the shifter, too, any other mods you have in mind? Lots of ideas here and great people and info, too, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Hello and welcome, glad to have you aboard! Congrats on your Compass, good to hear you're enjoying it! You should post up some pics, we'd love to see it! Sounds like a cool upgrade to the shifter, too, any other mods you have in mind? Lots of ideas here and great people and info, too, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee
Thanks! On my list: Lots of WeatherTech (wind deflectors, floor liners, trunk liner), Roof Rack, tinting of windows. Mostly cosmetic in nature, as you can tell. I would LOVE to figure out a way to get a bit more "getup n go" out of the engine, but not sure how to do that - will have to talk to my brother-in-law, as I know NOTHING about engines, so there's no actual skill in that area for me! In about a year, I'll most likely upgrade the tires and find an audio guy, but that all depends on my finances - doesn't it always? The shift knob was a MUST-DO for me, and I'm so glad I did it.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Garage
The knob is just screwed to the stick I guess?

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #7 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 PM

Garage
Welcome!

Post or else!!!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
May 2011 Jeep Compass of the Month Winner!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
post #8 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

No. The old knob just pulls off, and then the new knob is held on with allen-type screws - imagine a Christmas tree stand, but smaller scale. So, not screwed IN, per se (as in a traditional knob), but just held there in place. Works just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
The knob is just screwed to the stick I guess?
post #9 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Can't post pics yet, I guess. I'm a newbe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNightling View Post
Welcome!

Post or else!!!
post #10 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 PM

Garage
Pics

You can attach pics lds01; scroll down when compiling a post to the section marked 'manage attachments' then select from your PC and upload, they appear as thumbnails we can click on
post #11 of 11 Old 06-23-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Good to know, thanks! Give a couple of days - I'm traveling through the weekend. Pics to come!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in