Jeep Compass 2017 Opening Edition - rear camera instalation - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 04-20-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Jeep Compass 2017 Opening Edition - rear camera instalation

Hello, I have just bought new Jeep Compass 2017 Opening Edition and I am wondering if rear view camera is possible to install either in original Jeep service or by myself. I'd prefer service as my Jeep is under warranty. Has anybody any experience with this?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-20-2018, 07:51 PM

Garage
Not sure what the Opening Edition one is - but the UCONNECT system does support a rear camera with fixed lines in our 2017 model Compass - we have the 75th anniversary 2017 old body style with the antenna on the front right instead of on the roof is the easiest way to tell.

Proud owners of a new to us certified pre-owned
2017 Jeep Compass 75th Anniversary Sport
post #3 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

rear camera

It is actually new Compass model 2018 and in Europe it is called as opening edition where limited is equipped with Uconnect 8.4 with Navigation, 18 inches wheels, etc. but rear camera is not an option in this opening edition package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 01:08 PM

Garage
The problem is that the aftermarket cameras I've seen so far have a cinch connector for the video signal whereas there's no cinch input on the rear of the uConnect.

You need a solution of getting the video signal into your uConnect.
Hence it's probably the best option to ask your Jeep dealer how much the original camera would cost and opt for it.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 05:04 PM
Toy

The only thing what makes sense is that Jeep should provide an upgrade kit as they do for some other models like the Cherokee. I did not see a kit for the Compass yet, maybe you should ask the Jeep Cares team if they have something in the pipeline.

Compass Limited CRD, MY18, Pearl White, Leather Black, uConnect 8.4Nav & Beats Audio

覧覧覧覧覧-
German Jeep Forum for new Jeeps from MY14 and up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-05-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
The only thing what makes sense is that Jeep should provide an upgrade kit as they do for some other models like the Cherokee. I did not see a kit for the Compass yet, maybe you should ask the Jeep Cares team if they have something in the pipeline.
I'm trying to do the same on my 2018 Indian spec compass. I've most of the details, you need to use pin 31,32,33 for Camera IN, shield and signal. However I failed to remove the lift gate applique which has JEEP logo on the back side. It's fastened hard. Bit scary to pull it out as I'm not sure of further consequences. I'm looking for help with any videos or images around removing that applique which Camera mounts beneath.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in