H! I'm Wes, 2015 Jeep Compass Owner, lots of mods and a tow hook Question? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2018, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

H! I'm Wes, 2015 Jeep Compass Owner, lots of mods and a tow hook Question?

I have a 2015 Jeep Compass 4x4, 2.4L I4 DOHC 16V Dual VVT, 6-Speed Automatic Sport and have installed so far the RRO lift/brushbar, skid plates, oil cooler kit, BSCB sub box and door speakers, dash speakers as well as 14 awg wiring, winch, big 3 upgrade, 140 FD2 alternator, Curt hitch and trailer wiring. I did put hooks on the front when I did the lift, Part number 82212577 which I ordered from justforjeeps.com, however, they were the ones that swing out, I finally got around to ordering the front and rear fascias as well as a rear hook, well my front hooks obliviously wont work unless I cut and weld, I do have a MIG welder but I am novice at best and do not think I can effectively my my hooks.

Does anyone have the correct part number?

I apologize if it is already posted, I did search or quite a while, with little luck. The part numbers I have found are Right hook 68079642AB or 05115269AD Left hook 68079643AB or 05115269AD

Seems all of the pics associated with those part numbers have the hooks going out...

There is a guy who currently makes some aftermarket ones, but I'd rather go oem if possible.

Also, Thank you all for being such an awesome and amazing community, I could not of done any of the mods and upgrades without your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2018, 04:13 PM

Welcome to the forum! Can't really help you with the specific part number but best of luck and I'm sure someone on here has the answer you need.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2018, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

After a few phone calls and a lot more research I do believe that the part numbers are in fact correct... and incorrect. Well its the same part number if the hooks swing out or in. Supposedly if you order it from the Compass parts book then the hooks will swing in and if ordered for the Patriot out.

If I were to order these again I would go through Rocky Road Outfitters as that is the best bet in getting the correct hooks. Another way would to be through the dealership and just verify its correct before you take receipt, if they have to order, they will usually let you pick it up at the dealership which also saves on shipping cost.

I am going to attempt to cut and weld my outward swinging hooks before I spend money on new hooks. I pulled them off my Compass and it is just a small tab that needs to come off and be swapped and welded back. The tab appears to be primarily to line up the hooks when installing and I am not sure but I would think that the other 3 bolts would take the brute of the force when using the hooks. Anyway I am going to grind the tabs off swap them and weld them back, I will update after I'm done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-26-2018, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

All set, I wrote up a quick how to with a couple of pics, which I will post when I am allowed. Was not hard and turned out great! Now I can finally put on my new fascia!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in