Hello from the Land of Lincoln! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2018, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Smile Hello from the Land of Lincoln!

I am a long time Jeep owner. My first Jeep was a 2004 Liberty. That Liberty got totaled after some idiot hit it, so my next Jeep was a 2005 Liberty. We traded it in for a 2010 Jeep Patriot since the 2008 Liberty was a 6 cylinder and gas was $4/gallon at that time. We kept the Patriot until it was paid off (we went through a bankruptcy after we bought it, so we had to keep it for a while). Last year, we traded the Patriot for a 2014 Compass.

We bought the 2014 Compass used last year. It only had 12,400 miles on it when we bought it. From the title history, I think it might have been a leased vehicle. In January, the son and I decided to go to the Newsboys concert the first weekend in April in Louisville, which is a 4-hour drive for us. Toward the end of January, a thought popped into my mind, "I wish I had a new car to drive to Louisville in." Where did that come from? I think it must have been a premonition. In February, I got an email from the dealer than a factory representative would be at the dealership that weekend. I asked my hubby if I could get a new car for about what we were paying for this one, would he be interested. I had to take the 2014 Compass to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation, so while it was in the shop, I went to talk to the factory rep, I left with a new red 2018 Compass Sport. Since hubby wasn't with me, the car is financed in my name only. It's the first new car I've purchased without a co-buyer. I felt like such an adult! The only complaint the hubby and son had was that this Compass doesn't have the Sirius XM radio that the other one had. I tried to explain the workaround with getting the app on my/son's phones and then Bluetoothing them to the Uconnect, but that was too complicated for them. I am so glad I bought the extended warranty and the tire/windshield warranty. About a month after buying the Compass, I somehow ran over two nails and had to have a tire replaced. The dealer didn't have one exactly like the other 3 but they had one that fit.

Anyway, I love the 2018 Compass. It is head over heels better than the 2014 Compass. It has better steering and better gas mileage. It took a while getting used to using a thumb drive in the media hub rather than a CD player, though. It was also strange not having a spare tire anymore either.

Sorry I was so longwinded! I'm glad to be here!

Last edited by 1611Diane; 10-06-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-14-2018, 02:36 AM

The 2018 doesn’t come with a spare tire? Is that standard?

2016 Jeep Compass Latitude - 2.0L, CVT, Deep Cherry Red
My first Jeep, so please be kind.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes, I believe it is. There are aftermarket spare tires available, I think. There is a thread about the spare tire elsewhere on this forum.

I'm a Jeep girl:
2018 Jeep Compass
2014 Jeep Compass
2010 Jeep Patriot
2005 Jeep Liberty
2004 Jeep Liberty
Dad drove a Jeep in WWII - RIP PFC Lewis E. Kathriner 1919-1980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-06-2018, 03:41 AM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Welcome 1611Diane! I too have a 2018 Compass. So far so good, but please keep checking your oil level. These things get great gas mileage, but they're thirsty for oil.

Like you, I have a long history of Jeeps, going back to my '74 Cherokee. Even when I've had company cars, my Wife usually drove a Wrangler ('88, '94, '04, '11). We've also had a '93 Cherokee, and two Patriots ('08, '14). Hmm, counting my new one, what's that add up to, nine? I never realized I'd had so many.

Hope your new ride is good to you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in