Speed camera warnings - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 09-06-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Speed camera warnings

Hi I got a new latitude a few weeks ago and am very pleased with it but for one thing. Every time I go near a speed camera I get a voice warning to slow down, when I look at the display the speed limit is wrong, example, in a 30 mph zone it’s showing 19, in a 60 zone 42 and so on.
It’s really annoying particularly on a motorway I use often which has cameras every half mile or so. The dealer says they’ve never had this issue before and can’t help. I’m hoping that someone on the forum might know how to fix this, as the cars so new it has the latest maps update installed.
Appreciate any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Mine does that too. It seems to be doing some kind of backwards conversion between mph & kph.

For example, 30 kph is 19 mph and 60 kph is 42 mph so I think it’s doing a conversion it doesn’t need to.

Should be a simple software fix if enough people report it. That said, I have turned the warning off anyway as I don’t like them in any car.

The fix I am really waiting for is to turn off the cameras on the map. I like it zoomed out on a long journey and the map is swamped with the damn things so that you can’t see the roads and towns. Again, should be an easy software fix. I have a case open with Jeep tech support for this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in