New Member - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 09-30-2018, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

Excited to announce I just leased a 2018 Compass Trailhawk. I am excited to be back into a jeep. I live in South Florida and will hopefully be taking it through some sand in the coming weeks.

P.S. I wish jeep put a turbo in the compass. Truck would be a total beast then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-12-2018, 09:26 PM

Welcome to the team!
post #3 of 8 Old 10-13-2018, 03:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhawk34 View Post
Hello everyone,

Excited to announce I just leased a 2018 Compass Trailhawk. I am excited to be back into a jeep. I live in South Florida and will hopefully be taking it through some sand in the coming weeks.

Welcome! Central FL here, on the East coast. Enjoy the Jeep! And I agree, a turbocharged option (preferably diesel!) would have rocked in the US!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Jeep Compass Lattitude - Billet Silver, 4x4
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel - GONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-15-2018, 02:51 AM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Welcome! Hope you get the most from your Compass.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-24-2018, 03:06 PM

Garage
Welcome trailhawk34, enjoy your Jeep

Jeep Compass 2018 | 2.0 Diesel 140hp 4x4 Manual Transmission | SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, I'M ITALIAN!
post #6 of 8 Old 10-25-2018, 01:48 PM

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhawk34
Lol, you and me both but I don't really have high hopes. There is one lone company listing a kit for the 9 speed 2.4L Renegade but there are no known successful installs of that kit. If you dig around you can find a thread on the cherokee forums about the kit installed on a 2.4L Cherokee and it doesn't sound like it worked out too well for them. Here is a link to the kit if you want to look at it: https://roadracemotorsports.com/stor...edq5fu1iubfqf7

If they made one for the Renegade it stands to reason that it could be tweaked for the Compass but its a pretty expensive roll of the dice. Sure would make a night and day difference in driving this thing if the kit can provide what it promises but if you hunt down the youtube videos of the test drives on the Cherokee install... it doesn't seem like they are barely making 200 HP... so I don't know where they get off advertising 290 HP on the page for the kit.

Something to look into anyways, fun to window shop. Hopefully someday someone with a lot of cash to burn will take the plunge.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-27-2018, 02:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Here is a link to the kit if you want to look at it: https://roadracemotorsports.com/stor...edq5fu1iubfqf7
Something to look into anyways, fun to window shop. Hopefully someday someone with a lot of cash to burn will take the plunge.

If that kit would work with the Compass and give the advertised numbers, I'd be perfectly fine to drop the cash on it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Jeep Compass Lattitude - Billet Silver, 4x4
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel - GONE
post #8 of 8 Old 10-29-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRacer
If that kit would work with the Compass and give the advertised numbers, I'd be perfectly fine to drop the cash on it!
I'd happily pay that amount as a major upgrade right after paying it off and the end of the factory warranty period, but I want to see it successfully installed on at least one other person's Compass first!

We need someone with a Compass to win the mega millions so they can afford to be the guinea pig!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in