3Likes
  • 1 Post By Idaho Compass
  • 1 Post By Jasmine
  • 1 Post By scarfman4

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 11-13-2018, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Idaho Compass, Hello & Happy 4 wheeling

Hello all!!

I have looked at this forum before and not joined, today is the day. pumped to be a member. Thank You.

I have a 2014 Jeep Compass Sport with the 2.4 L engine. I just upgraded the suspension to the RRO 2 3/8 inch lift and its Awesome!!!. Doesn't change the handling or response on the road at all, but makes it look so much better. I have plasti-dipped my emblems and grill and added a roof rack. I am looking to add the rear tie-down hook soon as well as the K&N cold air intake.

Looking forward to adding new info to the forum and utilizing all of the current members knowledge to better improve my compass.

Cheers,

Elijah
REVIGOR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-13-2018, 10:42 AM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Welcome! I hope you love your Compass. A word of caution: if you have the CVT, change the tranny fluid every 50,000 -- don't wait for the recommended interval in the manual. CVT fluid is a bit pricey (about double conventional automatics) but its cheaper than a new tranny. I've had 2 CVTs. The first one died at 110,000 but that never had its fluid changed. The second CVT went to 180,000 but it had its fluid changed every 50,000. That second one was leaking and low fluid may have contributed to its failure -- there's no way to check the fluid level on a CVT.
REVIGOR likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-26-2019, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Jasmine

Thanks for the words of wisdom on the transmission and changing fluids. I have the 6-speed automatic transmission and its current interval change recommendation is at 120K, however, I am thinking about changing that fluid around 90K. Just doesn't make sense to me to run that long without a fluid change, old habits die hard. Do you have a lift on your Compass? If so, what size tires are you running on your Compass and Wheel size as well. I am looking at uprading soon to much more aggressive off road tires and need suggestions.

Again, thanks for the good wisdom on transmission changes and look forward to your knowledge.

Idaho Compass
Elijah

Idaho Compass
Elijah
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2019, 01:41 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Compass View Post
Jasmine

Thanks for the words of wisdom on the transmission and changing fluids. I have the 6-speed automatic transmission and its current interval change recommendation is at 120K, however, I am thinking about changing that fluid around 90K. Just doesn't make sense to me to run that long without a fluid change, old habits die hard. Do you have a lift on your Compass? If so, what size tires are you running on your Compass and Wheel size as well. I am looking at uprading soon to much more aggressive off road tires and need suggestions.

Again, thanks for the good wisdom on transmission changes and look forward to your knowledge.

Idaho Compass
Elijah
Was the 6-spd a/t available then? I didn't think it was that early. I think if you have a 2014 you have the CVT. The shift indicator will show 1-6 but those are just belt positions, not actual gears. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I haven't modified mine. Its just a comfortable vehicle that gets me through the mountains in the winter and has reasonable cargo space.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-31-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Was the 6-spd a/t available then? I didn't think it was that early. I think if you have a 2014 you have the CVT. The shift indicator will show 1-6 but those are just belt positions, not actual gears. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, I haven't modified mine. Its just a comfortable vehicle that gets me through the mountains in the winter and has reasonable cargo space.
I'm pretty sure that 2014 was the first year that the 6-Speed Auto was introduced.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/d...ission-196371/
Jasmine likes this.

2016 Jeep Compass Latitude - 2.0L, CVT, Deep Cherry Red
My first Jeep, so please be kind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in