First Time Jeep Owner - 2017 Compass Sport, 4x4 + 6 speed manual
I purchased a 2017 Jeep Compass Sport with 17,xxx miles on it. My previous car was a 2011 Ford Taurus SHO. Very fast sleeper but I really missed having a stick-shift. We also have another little one due in Feb.. and the back seat in the Taurus was a pain to finagle the kid(s) in.
I do miss the power of the 3.6 TT in the SHO but my morning commute is less than 5 minutes. The car would never be warm enough to enjoy any of the power.
Ext Color: Laser Blue Pearl-Coat
Int Color: Black / Sandstorm
Mech: 2.4L w/ 6-speed manual
Sport Appearance Group (Wheels, Tint, Roof Rails)
Cold Weather Group (Heated Seats & Wheel, Floor Mats, Windshield Wiper De-icer, Leather steering wheel)
Technology Group (Rear Park Assist + XM Radio)
Initial feelings on the Jeep:
- Like the handling + ride quality of the car
- 6-speed is pretty smooth for a small cross-over style vehicle. Clutch is very easy to work as well.
- 2.4L Motor is pretty competent and strong for this size of vehicle. Leaves a little to be desired at highway speeds, but my commute tops out at 45MPH.
- Even with the entry level "Sport" trim, i don't feel like i'm missing much, feature wise, compared to my top of the line SHO Taurus. Automatic headlights (which will just require some muscle memory) and blindspot mirrors (2.99 stick on ones will work fine) are the only two "needed" items I found missing.
- Slightly darker window tint.
- Blindspot mirrors.
- Covers for the back of the driver + passenger seats (to protect from dirty little shoes)
- Trailer receiver/hitch (unknown if i will go for the MOPAR one or not. Would mostly be used for a small metal basket or bike rack.)
I've been reading quite a few of the threads here already and look forward to seeing this forum grow as ownership of the Compass grows.
2017 Jeep Compass Sport - 4x4, 2.4 Tigershark, 6-speed manual, Laser Blue
2013 Ford Escape SE - 4WD, 2.0T, Magnetic Grey
1984 Chevy Camaro Z28 - 5.0, 5-speed manual, posi rear
2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Unleashed Tune, H&R lowering kit, Voxx Black Wheels, Blacked grill and trim
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ - Trifecta Tune, 6-speed manual, Eibach lowering kit
2007 Grand Prix GXP - Trifecta Tune, Flowmaster exhaust
2009 Pontiac G5 - Trifecta Tune, Magnaflow exhaust