Hello all... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 01-21-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Hello all...

Hello all,

I am a new member i live on the south shore of Montréal.

I have purchase a green (Jeep) Compass 2007, 4x4 manual six month ago. I was looking for something that could bring me (wife and 2 kids) at some wild camping site, i have 3 freinds (one with a X terra the other with a Pathfinder and the other with a lifted blazer), we usaly go at those place with my old Matrix XRS that i left at the main gate of the reserve that we go, we where split my logages and the familly in the 3 other 4x4, that was fun for a moment but when the camp was build i had to let my self drive in the wilderness...

Now with my Compass we all fit (familly and logages) perfectly in, and for the drive in the wildernes, well let me tell you that we have a lots of fun , i wont try rock climming with it but it sure do the job in mud, water and other natural ground with some limitation.

For this summer i will try to find some nice off road tires and rims to git it a more agressif look, if i can get a .5" or 1" more ground clearence i would be happy.

For my bad comments on my Compass, i am sad that it does not have better hook (on the front) to pull me out of some bad situations, no roof light for the back passenger.

The problems that i have encounter since i have it;
1- Winshield washer light dont go on when the tank is getting empty.
2- The 4 doors had to be repair (with a sledge hammer) to fit with the body.
3- I ear a squuueeeekkk squueeekkk each time that i roll over a bump (small or big), i dont know if it is the supenssion or what but this week they are going to find the problem at the garage.
4- The last but the one that make me hangry the most... The service at my dealer where i bought-it. not the seller or the client services but the guy at the peice, whontwhat to do seach for my tires, the pull bar and the kayak/ski roof rack :evil:

Well that it,

Verry good web site, i will be on reading and giving my comments to all when i think my answer can be benefict to all.
(Sorry for the mistake i am french).

Christian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-21-2008, 04:24 PM

Re: Hello all...

Hey! I'm a new member too from Montreal. I don't have a Compass yet, but will most likely buy one this summer after I'm done paying another car I have. Good web site indeed! :P
post #3 of 8 Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 PM

Garage

Chris bienvenu,
- un autre Montrealer qui a eu besoin d'un 5-speed, 4x4, pour prendre le canoë dehors au lac. Vous faites écho ma plainte au sujet d'aucun crochet avant ou cravate appropriée vers le bas pour mon canoë. Autre puis qui, grande voiture.

Welcome Chris,
Another Montrealer who needed a 5-speed, 4x4, to get the canoe out to the lake. You echo my complaint about no front hook or suitable tie down for my canoe.
Other then that, great car.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-23-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
if i can get a .5" or 1" more ground clearence i would be happy.
Are you thinking about this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=438&p=2948&hilit=lift#p2948 :
post #5 of 8 Old 01-23-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Hi Floyd,

Do you have one on? It is verry interesting, i will ask my dealer if they dont see anny problem whit this lift kit on my Jeep.

Do we have anny other members with this on?

Merci beaucoup

Christian
post #6 of 8 Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
kwc

go to jeepforum.com and check out the section on Compass and Patriot (technical section of the forum) ... there is a thread about lifting a Compass, including pictures of what one person (Gramps) actually did.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada1968
Do you have one on?
No.
First I'm going to install a front skid plate (2 mm steel) to protect the engine and other stuff underneath the vehicle. I think, this is needed anyway, is my Compass lifted or not. So I'll start with this

Floyd
post #8 of 8 Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Installed. See here:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=526

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in