2019 Compass Sport 4x4 4cyl Manual - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jasmine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

2019 Compass Sport 4x4 4cyl Manual

Hello.
New compass owner from Canada.
Just picked up my special order Compass Sport 4 cylinder in manual 6 speed.
Black with appearance package.
Love this car !!!
So fun to drive, brilliantly smooth ride, and super useful with 2 kids and not to mention stylish looking like a smaller Grand Cherokee.

Glad to be part of the forum and looking forward to learning allot and hopefully sharing what I can also.

Cheers !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-14-2019, 03:11 PM

Welcome! Enjoy your new ride! Props for going with the manual
post #3 of 8 Old 06-14-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Welcome! Enjoy your new ride! Props for going with the manual
Thanks!
Loving it so far. Yep had to do "special factory order" to get it and waited 3 months but finally rolliing now and lovin it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 10:45 AM

Garage
I bought a manual as well. It was the reason I was looking at a Jeep for my next vehicle. Drove manuals all my life. Local dealer did not have one, but he did a swap with another dealer so I only had to wait an extra day for it.

Mike
post #5 of 8 Old 06-17-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeexplorer View Post
I bought a manual as well. It was the reason I was looking at a Jeep for my next vehicle. Drove manuals all my life. Local dealer did not have one, but he did a swap with another dealer so I only had to wait an extra day for it.

Mike
Awesome choice.
Same here with the manuals pretty much all my life other then my pickup trucks.
Also only reason I considered the chrysler was the manual in an SUV (since I have kids).
Coming out of a manual X3 BMW so there are some differences but hoping this little jeep holds up well over the years.
Kids love it so far too.
I'm glad I got this one last manual before they are pretty much all gone/extinct.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-17-2019, 12:25 PM

Garage
My last vehicle was a Saturn VUE with a manual. Got into ATV riding so I added a tow package to the VUE (Uhaul) Over the years we started getting into camping and riding so I needed more towing ability, I bought a used Trailblazer off a friend which was the very first automatic vehicle I ever owned (and I have been driving now for over 30 years) Last year it gave me issues so I replaced it with a Tahoe (also automatic) but there was no real other choice for good towing capacity in SUV class.

The Saturn was my daily driving vehicle and it was good it still had towing ability, good for when I want to use the small trailer and carry one quad to a local riding place, or go get a load of mulch or dirt, etc.. So a few months ago the Saturn gave me some problems and it was clear its time was done (underside all rusted out) I had it for 16 years. I looked around for a small SUV class vehicle with a manual, that is how I ended up buying a Compass. I added the tow package, dealer did not have it in stock nor knew when it would become available so I had Uhaul add one. I know it sits lower then factory, but with the equipment I have now, it is at the same level as the Saturn was so I did not have to change anything (drawbars, etc..)

I don't plan to offroad with the Compass, only grass and some mud parking at trailheads (no rock crawling or anything like that) so I am not worried about the hitch setup being lower.

I just like driving a manual so for this as a daily running vehicle it is working well.

Mike
post #7 of 8 Old 06-17-2019, 12:37 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your Compass!

I don't want to rain on your parade but please keep an eye on your oil level! These use A LOT! If it gets low on oil it will drop you wherever you are -- it will die in an intersection or anywhere else and that could be tragic. It will not warn you. At 40,000 miles, my 2018 has improved to about 3000/quart.

That said, don't panic either. Its just a design flaw you can live with if you keep an eye on your dipstick and keep a couple extra quarts in your trunk or garage.

These are otherwise capable and comfortable vehicles. Have fun!
arudlang likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-18-2019, 02:07 AM

Welcome! The manual is the way to go! Enjoy your Compass!

Certainly hard to find the right combination and the dealer order this the way to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in