LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 06-23-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
SJH

Garage
Deleted by User.

Deleted by User.

SJH

Moderately Satisfied Compass MP Owner

Last edited by SJH; 09-14-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-24-2019, 01:47 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Welcome!

I know what you mean. I had an '08 Patriot that never let me down (200,000 miles), and my Wife is driving a 2014 Patriot which has given us no trouble (120,000 miles). The '08 Patriot remain my favorite cars out of about two dozen I've owned over the years.

Really my Compass has only had two problems, but it seems more middle-of-the-pack -- certainly not the worst, but it has a long way to make the top tier. My biggest problem is the oil consumption which has improved to 3000/qt but was initially much worse. I still don't think 3000/qt is very good since I've had vehicles that crossed 200,000 miles and did better than that. The other problem is the grumbling noise which was improved, but not eliminated, by the software update. I've learned to live with both problems.

IMHO, vehicles with <100,000 shouldn't use oil at all, nor should they make weird noises. If I'd bought this used at 150,000 miles I'd figure the symptoms mean the oil hadn't been changed often enough in its prior years and I'd be expecting a bearing to go south any time.

On the bright side my Compass (40,000 miles) is averaging about 10% better fuel economy than my Patriot. One one recent trip I got almost 40MPG on a 50 mile trip [see attached photo] which is better than I've gotten with anything else I've ever owned. I figure the fuel savings will pay for the oil consumption.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compass Fuel Economy 0527190809.jpg (34.0 KB, 6 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in