My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Hello Everybody!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CanadaEastKTM 
#1 ·
Hello everybody, I have had a Jeep Compass 2008 for 9 years already. I am starting to have multiple issues with it, but I have learned to do a lot of fixes myself. God bless internet that helps you to get people connected and get tons of information.
I don't have a high opinion of the service provided by the dealer, I learned they charge a lot for sometime very simple fixes.

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome! Glad you found us. Between this site and www.jeeppatriot.com there's a lot of helpful info on these siblings. Dodge Caliber is another sibling so you may find info over there, too.

I had a 2008 Patriot that made it almost to 300,000 miles before I sold it to a friend last year. Its still on the road. I must admit FCA replaced the tranny twice under warranty. Outside of that I had only one significant repair (a wiring issue at 200,000 miles).

Yeah, dealers get their money for service and repairs. My dealer said $150 to change the plugs! I did it myself for $20+/-.

#4 ·
replaced trann twice?? shouldn't have to replace ever.
oh my godness you have to know someone at chrysler to own one of these car to have an "in" on getting help otherwise you live the lemon life. yikes.
its amazing to casually say, just had my $4000-6000 tranny replced.... twice ...
but jeep is known to have issues and just have to know that going in.
I feel bad for less experienced vehicle buyers that go get one thinking it will be a reliable car like honda or toyota. the goal is to try and pay as little as possible up front and knowing will have to deal with all the issues.

I have mixed opinions on this as I have a few cars and I'm a huge car buff.
I got the compass for specific reasons which were not reliability or longevity.
the car comes with allot of nice features and looks amazing (like a prefect cheapo copy of the range rover). but the build quality if probably the cheapest I've seen and I've owner dodge before (both of the last generations of dodge ram and those we actually pretty darn good).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.