New member - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 Old 10-22-2019, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 Jeep Compass that I bought just over a year ago. This summer I experience the tranny over heating issue - always on the interstate at high speeds....(not Everytime but did become more frequent) like others, I experienced significantly reduced speed/power until cooled. I also noticed the horrific smell of the transmission fluid. If I wasn't on the interstate pushing it to keep the 80 mph speed limit, it seemed to perform without issues. Not long after, I experienced the zero response from a stop. I didn't have to turn the engine off to "reset" anything...after a couple of seconds it seemingly "caught" (for a lack of better describing) and took off like a bat out of hell, changed gears and was down the road. I mentioned it to the significant other and suggested he do a tranny fluid/filter change. It happened a couple more times before the fluids were changed. Upon changing the fluids, of course the rancid smell was still there, but he said the fluid was pretty dirty (filters were changed also). Sadly, even after the fluid change, it still smelled horrible. Fast forward couple months to current...started having issues with hard shifts from either 3rd to 4th or 2nd to 3rd, it wasn't exactly easy to tell with this CVT business. Once it shifted it was usually ok afterwards. Only problem is it was becoming more often than not and this is when it started throwing codes. For a bit if I cleared them, it would perform normally again (temporary band-aid like fix) until last week when it entered limp mode (will not shift beyond 2nd gear). I can clear codes, but nothing changes. Codes were P0777, P0730 for the life of me can't recall the third one. Did more research and reading about this crap than anyone person should ever have to and decided that it sounded to me like a good place to start was with the pressure control solenoid. Sure enough, it was stuck open. Replaced it. Gave everything a good look over, all seemed to be in good shape. Satisfied, put it all back together. Hopped in for a test drive...still limping......I noticed as I approached the proper RPM's to reach 3rd I couple feel a slight pulsing as if it was trying to shift but just wasn't making it. So, for me and my lovely Compass, it's back to the drawing board. Any other thoughts/ideas would be welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in