Maybe.....Just maybe..what do you think? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 02-15-2008, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Maybe.....Just maybe..what do you think?

Folks - Hello,
I'm very tempted by the Jeep Compass, here on sale in the UK at $36k which is a mite more than in N. America! I'm considering the diesel 2.0L
6 speed. This is advertised to achieve good miles per gallon, for a Jeep. A couple of points cause concern however... the fittings & interior appear to be a little flimsy? door handles-switches etc, & it's only available in half leather-half plastic seating. I can live with the fact that it's available in only 4 colours here, and we would probably select Inferno Red Crystal Pearl (Where do they get these names?)

So, my question is...How do you folks rate the vehicle overall, & fittings for wear & tear in particular ?

Regards from the UK,

TDM.

Hampshire - Wiltshire border.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-15-2008, 04:58 PM

Re: Maybe.....Just maybe..what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedium
I'm considering the diesel 2.0L
6 speed. This is advertised to achieve good miles per gallon, for a Jeep.
I have the 2.0 CRD Compass Sport. Fuel consumtion has been 7.5 l/100 km (31,3 MPG). Quite good, I think Better than with my last vehile, 2005 Chrysler Neon (2.0 gas, manual transmission), which had 8.5 l/100 km.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 PM

Garage
Re: Maybe.....Just maybe..what do you think?

Cheers:
Wow . . . as much as I LOVE my Compass, to me UK = Land Rover?
In Canada we don't have a huge range of Rovers offered, the LR2 is the least expensive model but is priced at almost twice that of a Compass. I have no idea what new Land Rovers cost in their homeland.
The Defender has always been a first love of mine but was only sold in Canada on a very limited basis in 1993 and 1994 (pity). Pre-owned Freelanders and Discoverys are readily and available, overpriced as new vehicles, deprecate rapidly to be attractive, but dealership service remains very expensive, catering to their new car owners problems, leaving the enthusiast largely on his own, the way I have been for years with my TR6.

So far the trim is standing up well on my Compass, at 9,000km, there is a bit of discolouring on drivers door, I wear a brown leather jacket, and door is light grey, the brown cleans of easily never the less. Everything else is great, only service being routine oil changes. Have not had to add a drop between changes.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in