New compass owner
Bought Compass North, just off lease, 26300km. Still 25months on warranty.
Drives soo nice. Last car was a Better Jeep (97 Suzuki Sidekick) but was showing it's age.
Researched all small SUV and crossovers and found the Patriot/Compass to be the best replacement for the BJ.
Got 9L/100km ( 26.5 mpg imperial) with combined city, mountain fast driving.
All the traction control is great. The ABS is a pain when I'm sliding backwards down my icy driveway. I know it is just getting used to it and trusting that the computer is right, but it feels wrong.
1. Seat needs more incline( higher at front) and is soft in the lumbar.
2. Dog has activated the 4 way flashers 3 times in 4 days
3. Dog (24kg) does not enable the passenger airbag. Good thing I have no kids.
4. Cannot turn off the darn honk with key fob lock. Tried the manual method with either key, but no luck.
1. Drive, very smooth on our potholed, frost-heaved winding roads
2. Interior, very easy to see everything and reach it, except for 4 way flasher am happy
3. Cargo space. Lots, all tools and fluids in tire space, tied down rubbermaid holds ski touring gear, snowshoes, extra clothing. Paraglider and skis fit in with two dogs no problem
Under front seats hydraulic jack is tied down. Side compartment in back has electric tire pump and plug kit, plus 1st aid, and sundry other emergency repair gear.
4. Great visibility, especially with remote mirrors.
5. I like its looks, even in the brown.
1. Mud flaps
2. Cruise control
3. Will think about lifter kit.
Fly by kite Mike
2007 Compass North, manual 4X4
Fly By Kite Mike