Hey everyone - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Hey everyone

Hello,

I recently bought a used 2007 Jeep Compass with 20,000 KM's and so far I am really happy with it. It is the 2.4 with the CVT auto tranny. It's my first Jeep as well, until now I have driven Cavaliers but just couldn't do it anymore as I am 6'6 tall and a Cavalier just isn't my size. I'd post pics but I don't know how.

Happy Friday everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-12-2008, 02:00 AM

Re: Hey everyone

Congratulations! Enjoy your ride!
post #3 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Thank you, I really am enjoying it...Finding any excuse I can to go out and drive it. Bad thing about that is gas is crazy expensive but I suppose it will even out in the end. So nice to have the head room that I need. I did think I would get a bit better mileage though, but I won't complain.

I have always driven standard until now and I really am impressed with how smooth it is with the CVT transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-19-2008, 04:07 PM

Welcome!
post #5 of 8 Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 PM

What kind of mileage are you getting?

Do you know if the engine and transmission "tuning" TSBs have been applied?
post #6 of 8 Old 04-20-2008, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRoad
What kind of mileage are you getting?

Do you know if the engine and transmission "tuning" TSBs have been applied?
Last tank I got 13.04 L/100km's or 18.14MPG. I do not know if the engine and transmission "tuning" TSB's have been applied...if they are not yet applied would that get me some better mileage??

Also, where are your RPM's at during Idle? Mine ranges from 800 to as low as 500 during idle. I am not sure if that would affect my mileage all that much or not.

Cheers
post #7 of 8 Old 04-21-2008, 10:46 AM

<19mpg seems really low...

Idling is expensive in these cars. If you leave the car running, you use a lot of fuel. That sounds right for the RPMs though I think mine idles at 700+-.

I have the 4x4 CVTII and I typically get 25mpg+. The car has enough miles that unless you are doing nothing but stop and go city driving, you should be getting at least 25 in the 4X2 CVT. Check the tire pressure and get the alignment checked. Also check the air filter. (Low tire pressure will cause the car to eat fuel.)

The TSBs re-tune the engine and changes the shift behavior of the CVT making it more responsive. I suspect this will affect the fuel economy as well. The other thing is that flooring the car for acceleration does not increase the speed of acceleration, it just wastes fuel.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

well it appears I have jumped the gun a little bit about the gas mileage. Most recent fillup I got 11.5Litres/100KMs or 20.5 MPG.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in