New Compass Owner - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

New Compass Owner

Just got my brand new '08 Jeep Compass (North Edition) on Saturday. Enjoying it so far! Black, with the CVT.
The Compass also has the distinction of being my first brand new car. Until now I've only ever bought used.
I really like how the CVT handles hills. We'll also get to see what the fuel economy is really like when I go on vacation in a few weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-24-2008, 05:00 PM

Re: New Compass Owner

Welcome, Corsair. I like how the CVT handles going *down* hills. It's pretty flat here in the Priaries but when descending a (small) hill and the cruise is set it will maintain the speed. Usually keeping the cruise on causes the vehicle to speed up. Thanks CVT!
post #3 of 10 Old 07-24-2008, 11:27 PM

Re: New Compass Owner

Congratulations! Enjoy your ride. These really are good little buggies.

When going up hill, the CVT shifts so smoothly that there is no shift slippage on slippery roads. On steep grades going down hill, I tip the stick into manumatic mode and the car holds speed really well. Saved my butt multiple times this past winter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM

New Compass Owner

Saturday morning, just south of Jackson, heading East I passed a Car Hauler with 6 NEW jeep Comasses, they all had CRD Badges
Unfortunatly I did not have a camera with.

I had heard of the future plans with the Grand, but the Compass???
post #5 of 10 Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 AM

Well it looks like Chrysler will survive, and the merger looks like a "go", but it can be easily presumed that noticable changes are coming. I hope that the Jeep line does not change too much, just continuing to evolve suits me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #6 of 10 Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 AM

New Compass Owner

Come on Guys, get with the plot, Compass make the Knight 50. . . . . . . been on sale in the UK for about a year or so.

Based on the Skidoo, but much, much cheaper. . . . . . .but still has that annoying gear whine
post #7 of 10 Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

???? I don't get the last one here..............or is It me !!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 10 Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 PM

what the hell are they talking about

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #9 of 10 Old 06-13-2009, 12:57 AM

I am at a loss as well could forums get criss crossed somehow, I think he is talking about a snowmobile
post #10 of 10 Old 07-29-2009, 03:08 PM

Welcome Corsair did you get your name from the aircraft? I watched a corsair crash on takoff at the EAA flyin a few years ago; it broke my heart the corsair is one of the most beautiful planes ever built.

The Czech area is well known for for RC aircraft. I have a friend that travels there every year to buy planes for his RC business. Below is a photo of a Compass Knight 50.

Other than the name not a lot to do with a Jeep Compass. Just a misguided soul lost in the internet maze.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 07-30-2009 at 05:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in