Newbie - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 02-14-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage

I'm new and thought I'd come over here and introduce myself. I bought myself an 09 compass in Nov. I haven't done any accessorizing, mostly because a truck backed into me and I'm waiting to go through the shop, but plan on it soon. Hope to find some good information here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-19-2009, 05:16 PM

welcome to the fourm! Question. You got backed into in the compass that you just bought a few months ago?? Wow sorry to hear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
yeah, it sucks. I took some pictures at work tonight of the $4000 damage. I did get a chance to off road a bit with it before then though. Being from a farm and a trades person it gives me a good balance for work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeep1.jpg (93.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg jeep3.jpg (96.9 KB, 17 views)

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness

Last edited by smokey01; 02-20-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: add pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
compass update

Phase one of my upgrades is almost complete. The exterior is almost completely done. I've added black grill inserts, bug deflector and vent visors. I had a class 3 hitch installed with 4 pin wiring but I have an upgrade to 4 and 7 pin like on the libertys going on in the next few days. I bought tail light guards for it as well. Under the hood I have an oil cooler and K&N cold air intake. My headlights and fog lights have been switched out for PIAA bulbs which are so much better for night driving. I'm looking at a high flow muffler for later this month as well. Inside the jeep this month I have a 1000W amp and Boston G2 subs going in. I also had installed dual cigarette lighters, the one in the front is powered all the time and the one in the back is switched for my beacon when I use it. All in all I think it's coming together quite well. I'll try to have some pics put up soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeepback.jpg (94.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg jeepfront.jpg (93.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg jeeppass.jpg (94.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg jeepside.jpg (96.2 KB, 9 views)

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness

Last edited by smokey01; 05-05-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: add pics
post #5 of 16 Old 05-17-2009, 03:18 AM

Looking real good!
post #6 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 03:28 AM

It looks like things are on the upswing for your Compass. How's it doing for you now?

|
|
post #7 of 16 Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
It's not doing too bad. The only thing i'm not happy with is the mileage I get with it. I'm only getting 300-350Km per tank. I'm a tradesman and use my jeep for some work so some of my customizing thoughts are a powder coated piece of aluminum on the rear gate to protect it from scratches that are appearing. I also need some more lighting on the front for working in the dark, something on the roof would be ok too. I found a 12v bluetooth mic that I would like to install to use as well as my CB that is yet to be installed. I still have a long way to go before i'm done working on it.

post #8 of 16 Old 06-12-2009, 02:12 AM

I used to be really into CB radios, and I am sparking an intrest again. The problem is with newer compact vehicles there seems to be no decent way to mount up a radio. I'm talking full sized Uniden SSB radio, and where are you going to mount a good antenna? I'm open to explore this subject because it sounds like fun! I'm keying in on the CB radio thing, but have other modification intrests too, like installing some mud flaps.

|
|
post #9 of 16 Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
If you look up cobra they have a compact radio that you can mount in the dash and all the controls are on the mic. I was looking at doing either a hood mount on the drivers side or a custom mount on the back above the tail light for the antenna.

As for mud flaps, I always end up ripping them off when I'm either driving into ditches or through fields. They end up costing me more money than they're worth me keeping.

post #10 of 16 Old 06-12-2009, 03:58 AM

No disrespect intended, but those little radios suck. Let's find a way to install a full sized CB radio in a Compass.

|
|
post #11 of 16 Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I haven't played with the little ones so i'm not sure how good they are. I already have my full size and haven't figured out where to put it yet. Everywhere I look is either difficult to reach or there's stuff in the way. I'm not exactly sure where the best place is yet.

post #12 of 16 Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey Jeepster I've been thinking about the CB thing and want to pass a thought by you. How possible do you think it is to have it installed underneath the head unit? If the stock head unit is swapped out for a smaller unit and it **if** it was possible to find a mount kit that allowed for a double mounting it might work. I've been working till 3am lately so it might just be a goofy thought but what do you think?

post #13 of 16 Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 AM

I'll have to look at the CB Radio mount issue more seriously. I have some nice radios sitting idle that need to be put back to use. It's going complicated though, and I really don't want to do any sawing into the dash or other panels unless it's a real clean modification. I'll post back soon.

|
|
post #14 of 16 Old 06-30-2009, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That was my thought too. I have a friend who does CNC work for the military, maybe he can make some custom brackets if nothing else. I'll have to dig out my radio to get some measurements for it.

post #15 of 16 Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Everyone,

It's been a good two years since I bought my compass and because of changing needs the time has come to get rid of it. On monday I will go out and pick up my new dodge ram quad cab. I'll miss the little compass and the fun I had driving it. Good luck to everyone and have fun with your compasses.

post #16 of 16 Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Wow, sure sorry to hear this, but excellent choice in trucks, congrats! Don't be a stranger, still hope to see you around here from time to time!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in