New from Utah - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 08-27-2011, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

New from Utah

Hey everyone,

Not totally sure exactly what to say except that I just bought myself a black 2007 Sport in great condition. I wasn't ever a huge fan of Jeep but the more I looked for cars this time around the more I gravitated toward them. My Sport package is pretty basic, low tech in terms of automatic features, and I'm not in love with the freeway ride, but I love the pick up power she has off the line. I've been guilty of turning back as I walk away from her to check out her lines and angles.

Joined the site because I am very interested in updates and upgrades to make her well and truly mine. Any feedback any of you have in terms of how best to start in on performance upgrades would be awesome.

I live in Highland, UT and work for eBay, Inc. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have about eBay. Just don't use me as a punching bag.

Happy to meet you all. I look forward to many happy years with my Compass.

Last edited by Griff; 08-27-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 AM

Garage
Welcome Griff !

~Jay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome to the site Griff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Griff and congrats on your Compass! We'd sure love to see some pics of your new ride if you have some! CAI and exhaust are always a good start on the performance mods, good bolt on's that don't cost a fortune, either but lots of cool mod ideas here so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 7 Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 AM

Garage
Griffith just installed a K&N cold air intake (CAI) on my jeep I got from Larry H. Miller at the South Towne Auto Mall. It sounds awesome and has een better pick up and doesn't seem to have those dead spots in the rpm range from time to time although I do have the 5 speed in mine. I'm not sure if the cvt would. Either way you would love the throttle response. I drive from Sandy to West Valley for work and take it on trips all over.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-03-2011, 01:45 AM

Garage
Oh yeah and I picked it up out the door for around $260. It took about an hour for me to install
post #7 of 7 Old 12-03-2011, 05:01 AM

Welcome!

2010 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, Natural Green Pearl
Winner of COTM November 2011
Winner of COTM March 2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in