Loves my compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By lochinprc

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool Loves my compass

I love my little green machine. So far it's stock but I'd like to try and get a little more power out o the little guy. I'm looking for an engine chip, CAI, and an exhaust. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm also looking and putting a 2 inch lift I've found. Jeep Patriot lift kit (suspension) and Compass I'd like to know I anyone else has pu on of these on. I've been off road a few times but he needs just a little more clearance without sacrificing all those other factors of raising a car.

Ok this is for those with the manual transmission. Does your car hum too? It's not the engine because the CVT doesn't do it. I've only noticed the 5speeds hum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM

i'm assuming that you have a 07 compass with a 2.4L engine.... if that is correct.
intake
57-1552 - K&N 57 Series FIPK, Performance Intake Kit

exhaust for 4x4
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

or exhaust for front wheel drive
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

you dont necessarily have to get a "performance chip" depending the performance shops in your area you can get your car "dyno tuned". I actually recommend the dyno tune BECAUSE every car is different and you dont want your car running too rich or too lean.

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
post #3 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM

How did it do off road? Did you get stuck?

2010 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, Natural Green Pearl
Winner of COTM November 2011
Winner of COTM March 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 PM

I have an '09 Manual, and yes, it hums. Would LOVE to hear (and see) your experiences with the lift kit. Love the way it looks. Too chicken to pull the trigger on it yet (and too poor, but who's keeping track of details anyway?).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2009 Compass Sport, Green, 4X4, 5-spd
Roof rack, sunroof, fog lights
Boston Sound package
post #5 of 11 Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Actual jeep guy it did really good! I did most of in in 2WD and there where a few times i did lock in the rear end. I think it needs more travel though. I did get stuck once and stalled out but I think most of that was because of traction control kicking in and boggig down the engine till it said NO. Once I'm not on my phone I'll upload some pictures on here. To show how well I'd did.

Yes w4rh4k I do have the 2.4 in my car. Thanks for the advice I'll go check those sites out. Lds01 I'll keep posts going on the progress. One set at time though right?
post #6 of 11 Old 09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us, look forward to seeing some pics of your Compass! I agree with the dyno tune for the same reasons as mentioned above so definitely keep us posted if you do it, we want to see some numbers lol! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 11 Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The lift is installed!

Ok guys the lift is installed. It looks AWESOME! I've uploaded new pics to my garage. Go check them out. You may not be able to tell the difference in the pics very well but once it's on there you can feel the difference in the ride. The ride height doesn't change the handling of the car because it uses the same struts so you can still feel comfortable doing driving. Everything you need is in the kit from Rock Road Outfitters from the front and rear strut spacers to the camber bolts to brake line bracket holders.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-24-2012, 03:56 PM

Garage
Nice

Mate, any half self-respecting compass owner could tell the difference! Looks wicked, And the clearance!

I'd be very interested to hear about how the lift and bigger wheels affect the feel of the ride and fuel economy, acceleration, stopping time etc, and mpgs, in L/100km if possible. Keen to do this mod if and when I get the chance. The only other thing is the cost

Just ordered a generic strut tower brace, hoping that will improve handling a bit. Did you ever consider buying one?
Utahcompas07 likes this.

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-25-2012, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah all my friends tell me it looks the same but it doesn't in any way! It looks bigger and meaner. The lift here in the States only cost $400 but that's also because they are local for me and I was able to pick it up myself and save the money in shipping.

OK so when it comes to fuel economy I can tell you it does make a difference but I've towed a trailer with it and taken it 4 wheeling since doing it so it's gone from 25 US mpg to 23 for now. I'll have to let you know in a few days when I fill up the tank again.

I have not heard anything about a strut brace as of yet. Let me know what you think of it if you get one.

OK so as far as the lift and tires go the tires I got are about the biggest you can get without having to put spacers or anything else on it. I'm sure you can buy wheels that are off set too if you wanted to help but even with the stock tires and wheels they still rub when you bottom out left to right.

Now as far as handling goes of course you cannot take a corner near as good as you used to and on the road around minor curves and bends you don't really feel a difference but what difference you can feel is from the sidewalls on the tires.

OK now for acceleration you do need to use the gas pedal a little more to get the RPM's going but remember I have the 5 speed so the acceleration doesn't feel much different to me. As for stopping though I haven't noticed a difference yet either mostly due to the fact I should've replaced the brakes when they had the tires off doing my lift. OH WELL. I'll take care of that and let you know too.

BTW GUYS!!! Because I live an hours drive from Rocky Road Outfitters they are going to use my car to start test fit roof racks, slider bars, slider plates and they will try for the older Compass to build a front winch bumper too. So much more pictures to come in the next few months. Jeep Patriot parts and accessories at the lowest prices
post #10 of 11 Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 AM

Garage
Thanks for the info! Will share what I find with the strut tower brace.

Congrats on being Rocky Road's tester! Front winch bumper for compass? That would be cool!

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Wow Utah, that does look sweet, nice job on that and I agree, a winch bumper for the Compass would definitely look cool!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in