2018 Jeep Compass SiriusXM Guardian issues - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 12-13-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

2018 Jeep Compass SiriusXM Guardian issues

Just got the 2018 Jeep Compass. Originally picked out another one and went to buy it but the salesperson said someone sold it but he had another one identical but a different color. Ok picked out a different color.
Couldn't wait to get the SiriusXM Guardian connected so I could start it from my phone and let my car warm up.
Couldn't figure it out. Call SiriusXM Guardian and they tell me to press the assist button on my rear view mirror...well I don't have one. They tell me to call the dealership. I cal the salesperson and he said of course you have it. Bring it in and I'll set it up.
I take it in and he can't do it either and says unfortunately this one doesn't come with it like the other one did. That was that! Even though he knew that was a big option I wanted.
Is it true only certain ones come equipped with it?
Everyone keeps telling me to push the assist button that is non existent on my mirror! HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-25-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezie4513 View Post
Just got the 2018 Jeep Compass. Originally picked out another one and went to buy it but the salesperson said someone sold it but he had another one identical but a different color. Ok picked out a different color.
Couldn't wait to get the SiriusXM Guardian connected so I could start it from my phone and let my car warm up.
Couldn't figure it out. Call SiriusXM Guardian and they tell me to press the assist button on my rear view mirror...well I don't have one. They tell me to call the dealership. I cal the salesperson and he said of course you have it. Bring it in and I'll set it up.
I take it in and he can't do it either and says unfortunately this one doesn't come with it like the other one did. That was that! Even though he knew that was a big option I wanted.
Is it true only certain ones come equipped with it?
Everyone keeps telling me to push the assist button that is non existent on my mirror! HELP!
Hey Weezie,

I to had this happen I live in Yellowknife Northwest Territories and decided to try purchasing my next vehicle from somewhere down south to see if i could get a better deal which i did price wise. I was told by the dealership before i traveled the 1700 km or so to Edmonton to pick it up that my 2018 Compass that i had picked out had the Siriusxm Guardian Services and I sign the papers and then after I had sign the papers and traveled the 1700 km or so to Edmonton to pick it up they told me that it actually doesn't have it.

They said that the Siriusxm Guardian Services wouldn't be available on the 2018 Compass until after the new year because it was a late availability in Canada on the Compass. So I have been fighting now with the dealership and FCA Canada ever since i picked up the vehicle on December 15 2017 trying to get the feature added to my Compass and FCA Canada has refused to respond to my inquires or emails. The Dealership in Edmonton did contact their FCA Tech support after i hounded them for about 2-3 days and they told me that FCA Tech Support said that FCA has a Upgrade and Software update in the planning stages for sometime in 2018 to be able to add it to the 2018 model year Compasses that were put out into the market without it however they said the tech support was unable to give a ETA or launch date for it.

Now I have been doing research online and I know that if you have the Uconnect 4C NAV radio it is capable of using the Guardian services however you require the Mirror with the Assist and SOS buttons on it as well to use the service. The radio has all the telematic's and Wireless modem needed to use the service built into it however the software version on the radio is wrong and you like me do not have the proper mirror. I have scowered the internet looking for information on this and I have found media releases from FCA regarding the 2018 Compass and the Uconnect 4C system and Sirius Guardian Service and i will share the links to them if the site allows me to not sure if i have posted enough yet to add links.

FCA Northamerica Media release website this is for all of North America so US Canada and Mexico:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...=18351&mid=102

In this Media realease dates September 1 2017 under New for 2018 is says the following.

SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services debut in Canada for 2018 model-year Dodge Charger, Challenger, Durango; Chrysler 300 and Pacifica; Jeep Compass, Grand Cherokee, and Renegade, and Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty and Chassis vehicles equipped with the Uconnect 4C or Uconnect 4C NAV with the 8.4-inch display

This means that any 2018 model year Jeep Compass with the Uconnect 4C or Uconnect 4C NAV systems will be equipped with Sirius Guardian Services. Now if you look at your Vin number if you Compass is a 2018 model year the last 8 digits should start with JT. So therefore if you have JT in the last 8 digits of your VIN and you have the Uconnect 4C or uconnect 4C NAV system then you should have the Guardian Service. If not then this Media Release would be considered false advertising.

If you look at the available features sheet that can be downloaded from here:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...?id=18425&mid=

It says that Sirius Guardian Services and Sirius Travel Link and Sirius Traffic all should be packaged with the Uconnect 4C NAV system as well.

I have been thinking about submitting a complaint to the better business bureau here in Canada regarding this specially since FCA Canada refuses to respond to my emails and complaints that i have submitted through their Customer Service Website.

If you know of anyone else that has had this problem with their 2018 Jeep Compass let me know maybe if we get enough people together the better business bureau will take the complaint more seriously.

Thanks,

Chad
post #3 of 4 Old 01-25-2018, 02:32 PM

Chad is the optimistic one, I am his opposite on this sad place we three are in. I too have the 8.4 radio without SXM Guardian and I also thought it was a given until after I had bought it.

I'm a face the facts person and the fact is if your mirror doesn't have the buttons then just forget about it. You aren't going to get any "upgrade", my opinion is that is just sh!t the dealership says to get you off their back for a few months at a time until you forget about it. They will say just about anything to keep you at bay, a couple months turns into almost two years and BOOM they hit you with an idea to buy a new vehicle that will have it this time. You have to realize the dealership has no interest in upgrading anyone's vehicle. Their only interest is to sell more and more vehicles. If they can grab your barely used non-Guardian Compass from you and get you into another one in a few months they win double bingo, because they get to sell you another car and they also get to sell your perfect condition used car. They have no profit to make ripping apart your dash and putting in another head unit and replacing the rear view mirror and doing wiring and programming, so they are going to most likely refuse to do that work even if they could.

Weezie I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Chad when he made the same post you just did, the same thing I tell everyone else: Your only real options are to surrender to the fact that you don't have Guardian and you aren't ever getting it in your current vehicle (this is the camp I pitched my tent in), or run back to your dealership and tell them you've made a mistake and you MUST get a different Compass that has the feature. Most dealerships have a 15-30 day period where you can go back and say "I straight up changed my mind, I don't want this" and if they know you are going to buy another vehicle from them they are reportedly usually OK with trading you into something different. May cost you a few bucks, but its pretty much the only way.

For reference, Chad's thread: http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...n-service.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-23-2018, 01:32 PM

Man this is some shady stuff going on. I have the Guardian and honestly its hit or miss. Sometimes I walk to a nice warm car others I walk out to frozen ice box. I half to walk about 2 blocks to get to my car so I cant see if it actually started or not until I turn the corner then its to late.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in