Need help from our non-North American members - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Need help from our non-North American members

i am trying to compile a list of part numbers for headlights for the jeep compass models offered outside of north america. i have a large list of part numbers, but no pictures or descriptions to go along with them, so i don't know what the part numbers correspond to. in order to do that, i need some vin numbers to a few oversees jeeps, and some google searches haven't been very helpful. so far, i've been able to get one member's vin number, and after some clerification i may have narrowed his part number down. but here are the vehicle configurations that i need:
  • 2011 or 2012 Jeep Compass with projector headlights, and that is a left hand drive model (you drive on the right side of the road)
  • 2011 or 2012 Jeep Compass with projector headlights, and that is a right hand drive model (you drive on the left side of the road)

please feel free to pm me with your vin numbers if you don't feel comfortable posting them here. i work for a jeep dealership in maryland, and i can use your vin number in our system to see which headlight part number corresponds to your car to help out our members here. thanks guys!

Last edited by IRSmart; 02-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM

Garage
IRSmart, I know we have been search for these for a little while and I discovered a slight issue with what we're going for.

Lets assume we find and order the projector headlights for an EU compass. These are going to halogen bulbs in projector housings. This is not a big deal but we need to realize that just getting the headlights is not enough. We'll then need to order a HID kit and relays. Then we'll have to figure out where to mount everything.

Honestly, the best bet may be to eBay a pair from a GC. You can get a pair from a GC with the Chrysler ballasts and factory HID bulbs (therefore won't have any electrical or warranty or police issues for that matter). The price is about $800 for a pair with all the mounting tabs.

This brings me to my next question (one that I realize could be solved by spending a little time with my compass) is about the tabs on the headlights. Do we need all of tabs that a GC has? In other words, if I find a set on eBay with lets say 1 broken tab, will that suffice?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i figured the euro spec headlights would be easier than trying to put GC headlights in with the factory HIDs and ballasts. another issue is going to be wiring in both the high beams and DRLs, because if you don't already have projectors (none of us do), your car only has one wire for the high beams. well, by installing the OEM projectors, you'd need to split that wire into two, one for the DRL (what we currently have as a high beam) and one to flip the plate inside the projector to turn on the high beam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM

Garage
This is assuming you have the Security package with DRLs. Fortunately, I don't have DRLs

One benefit of the EU Compass headlights would be that we could just skip HID kits (we'll have the look of HIDs when parked) and get a higher quality halogen bulb as I already have. Not perfect but a cheaper way to go that would cause zero issues.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
This is assuming you have the Security package with DRLs. Fortunately, I don't have DRLs

One benefit of the EU Compass headlights would be that we could just skip HID kits (we'll have the look of HIDs when parked) and get a higher quality halogen bulb as I already have. Not perfect but a cheaper way to go that would cause zero issues.
true, without DRLs you'd have a worthless set of inner bulbs. also, not all compasses leave the low beam on when the high beam is activated, so when you turned your high beams on, your headlights would go off. there are several obsticles to overcome to do this swap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in