2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shortline
  • 1 Post By Charles M Palmer II

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Smile Registered Owners Official Thread

An official thread for registered owners. Post your pick up date, model type, options and other details about your Jeep Compass here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM

My wife and I bought a 2008 Compass Sport 4x4 inferno red metallic pearl. We picked it up April 16th, 2008 with 6 miles on it. It's manual transmission, and is mostly loaded. Power windows/locks, heated seats, cd changer/XM radio, Boston Acoustics stereo, I forget what else. The car is now 3 years old, almost to the day, and has 26,000 miles on it. The only issue we've ever had with it is the clutch pedal was squeaking which was repaired under warranty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Not enough miles on it for the front end to fall apart. But start checking your ball joints, tie rod ends. If they go too bad the wheel will break free and tires get destroyed with heavy irregular wear. The front struts are known to fail early worn or leaking. A new design was released. My rear struts failed long time ago and I am a 2009. I figure my fronts will go any month now.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Not enough miles on it for the front end to fall apart. But start checking your ball joints, tie rod ends. If they go too bad the wheel will break free and tires get destroyed with heavy irregular wear. The front struts are known to fail early worn or leaking. A new design was released. My rear struts failed long time ago and I am a 2009. I figure my fronts will go any month now.
Geez bud!! You've got yourself one BIG OL' Lemon there... Sounds to me if it happens to a Compass, its happened to you once or more lol Now i seem to understand your bitterness a little better once I have read the forums more
post #5 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Geez bud!! You've got yourself one BIG OL' Lemon there... Sounds to me if it happens to a Compass, its happened to you once or more lol Now i seem to understand your bitterness a little better once I have read the forums more
Not me per say its all over the board with these issue and more on the design of the family. The verdict is out on the 2011 though since they have made some changes but whether the reliability of the high failure components still remain will be an unknown until at least the end of the year when enough miles have to put on then and feedback comes in. My failure have fallen into areas others have had at least yet. CVT problems, TIPM failures, rear struts, dash cluster communications failure, rear brakes to name but a few.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #6 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM

brake lamp switch

hi new to forum
can anyone tell me where brake light switch in jeep compas 2007 located
post #7 of 16 Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 PM

Garage
Hey!
I traded my Patriot in end of September and picked up the Compass at the dealership on October 1st.
It's a Mineral Grey North Edition with what they call the North All Season Package with the sun and sound group and the class II trailer hitch. Thursday I took it to the dealership for the 10000 Km service. So far so good and I love the ride

post #8 of 16 Old 02-22-2013, 12:34 AM

2013 Compass Sport

Bone stock Brilliant White 2013 Compass, 2.0L 5 speed, no options (hey, stock power windows, locks, CD Stereo, A/C....that USED to mean loaded!) base $20,420 picked up for $15,490 on Monday Feb 18, 2013. 7 miles on the clock at delivery. Where else can you buy a brand new SUV for under $16k out the door! wife loves it so far.
GaryGG likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 PM

Picked up my Compass Monday 2/25/13

You can see the details of the vehicle below. Really like it so far (except the gas mileage) and don't miss my Corolla one bit (except the gas mileage). Pics are coming...work has been crazy lately and it rained through Tuesday. I plan to make my Compass the ultimate railfanning vehicle...stay tuned!!!

Charles
Cairo, Georgia

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude aka the Train Chaser
Bright White/4x2/CVT/Dark Slate Gray interior

Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth-Uconnect® 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD-Security and Convenience Group

Mods: "Jeep" shift knob-Uniden BC125AT scanner
post #10 of 16 Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 AM

I got 2011 Compass Sport and no issues so far at 34k. Basic warranty is about to expire but rest is still good. I maintain it via schedule in owners manual to a "T" and its treats me well.

/// BMW 2006 330i - Sport,Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Manual Tranny
Jeep 2011 Compass Sport, Auto
post #11 of 16 Old 07-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Rok

Garage
Picked up our 2013 Compass Latitude on March 5, 2013. Red color (which I don't really care for),2.4L, selectable 4WD, standard AM/FM/CD radio, heated seats and mirrors and CVT trans. This is my wife's commuter. Have now a tad over 9000 miles on it and just got done changing oil for the second time (this time a full synthetic 5-20) and also rotating tires for the second time. Have added a K&N Air filter, whose net effect at improving any performance or fuel economy is mitigated by the small intake snorkel on the vehicle's airbox. A couple chrome "stick on" items were obtained through Ebay which are trim peices around the foglamps and the rear reflectors. These added a lot to the looks of the car, as did the stainless rear tailpipe.
Mileage has NOT been all that great at a high of 26 MPG. I think we average closer to 25 most of the time.
No rattles or squeaks at this time but the drivetrain noise has increased from when it was new.
Prior to buying this Compass, we rented one through Budget for two weeks. It was a 2012, optioned similarly. We noted 27-28 MPG for most of the time we had that rental, also taking it on a 3k mile road trip while we had it. I found then that mileage was VERY dependent on how you drove it and ours is no exception.
We're going to be taking an extended road trip in the Compass later this month. I figure I'll be changing the oil and rotating the tires again, as soon as we return.
I miss our former HHR's mileage. I also miss the plethora of Driver's information that was the standard for all Chevy econoboxes. What do you have to do to get similar with Jeep, go to a Limited Package?
What I -don't- miss about the HHR was the cramped interior and seating, especially on longer trips. The Compass is much more comfortable, and the 4WD if you need it, sealed the deal with this vehicle.
How long we'll keep it remains to be seen.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
On my second MK now, traded in a 2008 Jeep Patriot FDII (112,000kms) for a 2012 Limited FDII Compass. (Currently has 23,000kms)

Purchased Jan 12 2012

Sun & Sound Group
FDII Offroad Group
430N Navigation Radio

Every Option possible fully loaded, have had it for a year and a half now.

Mods

Full interior LED conversion
LED Signal Lights Front and Back
Rear LED Backup Lights
K&N Filter with modified Intake
LED DRL Strips on each Headlamp
235/65/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 Tires
225/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Territory Tires

Only had a minor electrical problem when I first bought it, dealer fixed it under warranty. Love everything about the jeep, far more improved over the 2008 I traded in (and that one was very reliable for me)

Fuel economy Wise i'm averaging around 10 or so L/100kms in strictly city driving, highway i'm between 9-9.5 L/100kms. Which is fine mileage for me (FDII's get the "worst" mileage anyways). Fuel consumption is VERY dependant on how you drive.

I offroad in this lots too, never left me stranded. About the only other thing left to do is figure out how to put a winch on the front of it.

Last edited by Tyler-98-W68; 08-01-2013 at 07:47 AM.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-08-2013, 03:39 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
On my second MK now, traded in a 2008 Jeep Patriot FDII (112,000kms) for a 2012 Limited FDII Compass. (Currently has 23,000kms)

Purchased Jan 12 2012

Sun & Sound Group
FDII Offroad Group
430N Navigation Radio

Every Option possible fully loaded, have had it for a year and a half now.

Mods

Full interior LED conversion
LED Signal Lights Front and Back
Rear LED Backup Lights
K&N Filter with modified Intake
LED DRL Strips on each Headlamp
235/65/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 Tires
225/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Territory Tires

Only had a minor electrical problem when I first bought it, dealer fixed it under warranty. Love everything about the jeep, far more improved over the 2008 I traded in (and that one was very reliable for me)

Fuel economy Wise i'm averaging around 10 or so L/100kms in strictly city driving, highway i'm between 9-9.5 L/100kms. Which is fine mileage for me (FDII's get the "worst" mileage anyways). Fuel consumption is VERY dependant on how you drive.

I offroad in this lots too, never left me stranded. About the only other thing left to do is figure out how to put a winch on the front of it.

Wow, i am loving the LED headlights! Very nice!
post #14 of 16 Old 05-13-2015, 08:38 PM

New Member!

Hey all. I purchased a 2011 Compass Latitude in January of 2015. I'm at 70k miles and I really enjoy it! Comes with a few bells and whistles: power moonroof, heated seats, SiriusXM Radio, Boston Acoustics speakers, and remote start. I don't believe I have the FDII package, but I am unsure how to know for sure? I definitely do not have a Trail Rated badge
post #15 of 16 Old 12-29-2015, 10:26 PM

Hello. I purchase a jeep compass limited 4x4 2009 model in 2012. It had been used for just 1 year and parked for about 6 months before I purchased. It had done7 miles at time of purchase. Currently, I have done 6k miles. I loved the car until mid this year. I began experiencing some heavy movement under the car and was told by mechanic it was the differential. We got it changed, now the car can barely run beyond 80mph and the transmission is terrible. The car fails to change gear quickly with the accelerator pedal on the floor, picks up speed very slowly. There is also this revolving sound beneath the car when when I am about to take off. Sounds like brokenballs in bearings. Is it possible to get assistance in this forum. I love this car to bits and not thinking of selling it off anytime soon.
post #16 of 16 Old 08-08-2018, 04:11 AM

New Trailhawk

Hey,

I purchased a 2018 Jeep compass Trailhawk, Red Exterior... Love the Tech stuff in the vehicle .... I am into Fly Fishing and Kayaking and Fly Fishing not to mention snowmobiling ....
Used the compass to pull my Fising Kayak well over 500 miles round trip... going from 3400 feet elevation up to over 9000 feet and it did great ... Love the look and feel of car...

5,000 miles on it already, took it for first oil changed ..... Dealership give free Uber rides back to dealership to pick up vehicle..... good experience.. thanks Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0505181553_resized.jpg (39.2 KB, 7 views)
zoner99 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in