T.I.P.M. problems anyone??? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 Old 08-27-2015, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Unhappy T.I.P.M. problems anyone???

Hello there everyone. I was just wanting to know if anyone had problems with the T.I.P.M. on their Compass. I purchased an '08 Jeep Compass with 81,500 miles in February 2015. It is now August 27, 2015, and on August 18th, I had my first problem with my car. I pulled into a parking lot and heard a very muffled buzzing. I thought is was a cell phone vibrating. So I got out and bent down , and stuck my head under the dash. I could tell the noise was coming from behind the steering column under the hood. I got up and sat back into the car, and I noticed my overhead interior lights weren't on and the door was open. Then I glanced up at the instrument panel and every light was lit up, and the odometer said No bus. I was at a shopping center and figured I had blown fuses. I turned the car off, got out and hit the lock button on my key and it didn't work, I opened the door to push the auto lock button on the drivers door and nothing. I stuck the key in the ignition and turned it to the acc. and tried again. Nothing. I tried the windows and they worked, as well as the sunroof. I got back out, manually locked all the doors. Went into the store and got fuses. Came out tried to unlock my car by the remote and still nada. I put the key into ignition and turn it over. Now no lights at all on the instrument panel, headlights not working, and wipers not working. The radio is working and all the windows work including the sunroof. I turn the ignition to crank the car and it starts like a dream. The headlamps came on but I couldn't control them. I tried to put the car in reverse to leave and it is stuck in park. Wont move an inch. I sat in the parking lot for a couple hours, I had the door open and all off a sudden the overhead light came on. I cranked it as fast as I could and tried the gear shift. I was able to drive it home. Since then nothing has worked except the engine, the windows, and the radio. I called the local Jeep dealership, but the guy told me that it would be the 2nd or 3rd week of September before they could even look at it. He'd call me back with an appointment, but I haven't heard anything yet. There is a local shop next to my work. And thank goodness for the internet I found out about the gear override and was able to get the car into gear to take it there. However, the local shop checked everything and even tried to replaced the T.I.P.M. with one from the same year and model but it didn't work out because of codes and programming. They apologized for not being able to help me and didn't charge me anything. He recommended the Jeep dealership in a neighboring town. I have an appointment for Tuesday Sept 1, 2015. Has anyone out there had similar problems and could kinda tell me what to expect as far as cost of having the T.I.P.M. replaced. I know every job and dealership is different, I just trying to get a ballpark idea. That way I don't have a heart attack when they give me the bill. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in