FCA turning a wrong into a right. - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stringplucker

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 10-25-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
FCA turning a wrong into a right.

When I bought my Compass, I told the salesman that I wanted the tonneau cover for the back. When I took delivery, it wasn't there. I made comment of that, and was told that it would take a week. A week goes by, and I called again...I was told that he would have to take one out of a car on the lot for me. I told him that I was fine with however he obtained one, but that I wanted it. I called him back a week later, and he told me that he spoke with his sales manager, and was told that it would cost him around $300 for one. I reminded him that I wanted it when I bought the Jeep, and he told me that he wouldn't be able to help me. Then the Jeep survey came in my email...

A week after filling out the survey, I get a call from FCA, asking about my Jeep, and how I like it. After pleasantries, she asked about the tonneau cover. I gave her the run down, who said what, when, where, etc. She told me she would pursue this for me. The next day, today, I got a call from FCA letting me know that I needed to go to the dealer, purchase and pay for installation of the tonneau cover, and that when it was done, to call them and they would cut me a check reimbursing me for the cost.

To me, that's customer service. The dealer refused to do a thing for me on the problem, yet FCA goes out of their way to make me a happy customer.

Furthermore, one issue that I have with the Jeep is UConnect dropping BT streaming from my Galaxy S7. I was told that this will likely be taken care of in the software update that may come in the form of a recall in December. Since the problem is intermittent, I can hold off until December for the fix.

Also...the case of the seat belt alarm may finally be resolved. They think they have traced the issue to a bad sensor in the seat belt release, and have ordered a replacement. I hope this fixes it. I'm tired of the seat belt light and annoying ding going off while driving with a passenger. It reads that the seat has a passenger, but isn't always reading that the belt is clicked.

Anyway, FCA/Jeep is doing their part to turn a wrong into a right.
miramonx likes this.

Clyde--True Blue Pearlcoat 2016 Compass Sport 2.4L 6-speed. Additions since brand new in September of 2016: 4X Alpine SPJ-691C3, Weathertech floor liner Front only, Scosche Magi-Mount, USB charging port added to glove box, USB charging ports added to rear passenger area, Hum, Curt 13081 class III receiver. More to come!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-26-2016, 01:17 PM

Seems to me this is the first time anyone has actually cared about the customer after the sale is completed... Whether it be cars, tv, cell phone etc. Glad that you actually got your cover in the end
post #3 of 8 Old 11-19-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, last Friday, I took the Compass to the dealership and had them install the cover, and they FAXed the receipt to FCA. In today's mail was a check for $318 and change to reimburse me for the cover. Now...if they can fix the damned stereo to keep it from dropping the BT connection from my phone, I'll be ecstatic...otherwise, I'll have to have the stereo replaced with an aftermarket one.

Clyde--True Blue Pearlcoat 2016 Compass Sport 2.4L 6-speed. Additions since brand new in September of 2016: 4X Alpine SPJ-691C3, Weathertech floor liner Front only, Scosche Magi-Mount, USB charging port added to glove box, USB charging ports added to rear passenger area, Hum, Curt 13081 class III receiver. More to come!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-20-2016, 06:54 PM

Good luck with the BT and while you're in there you should ask to verify ALL the vehicle firmware is current. Tranny, engine etc

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #5 of 8 Old 11-20-2016, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Good luck with the BT and while you're in there you should ask to verify ALL the vehicle firmware is current. Tranny, engine etc
Hopefully it will eventually get fixed. I had them check all firmware prior to accepting delivery when I bought it brand new in September. From what I understand, the firmware update that should be here sometime in December is going to cover a number of systems...

post #6 of 8 Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 PM

Fine just ensure it gets updated. The dealer mechanic should by default. but you can request it on the work order then there is a record if not done. New vehicle typically have updates for more than 1-2 years until the bugs are worked out.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 8 Old 11-20-2016, 08:35 PM

You should fill in a signature and can use relevant parts of mine as an example so readers know what you actually have. Guessing means nothing so when its there readers can look and have a base line on what you really have and are driving. You'll find the location under USER CP in the upper right. Once don't it populates all posts made. Location is also very important!!!

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #8 of 8 Old 11-21-2016, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
You should fill in a signature and can use relevant parts of mine as an example so readers know what you actually have. Guessing means nothing so when its there readers can look and have a base line on what you really have and are driving. You'll find the location under USER CP in the upper right. Once don't it populates all posts made. Location is also very important!!!
If you look closely, you'll see that I have done just that...when I first joined the site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in