Battery issue - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 09-05-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Battery issue

So we're having to replace out battery again. (backup). This is the second in under a year. Also had to have dealer replace radio, and multiple updates. Beginning to question buying this car.
Actually, after picking the vehicle up, dealer was unable to duplicate the issue. The issue this time was all the warning lights on the dash cluster started randomly flashing and making warning noises, while driving. When I arrived at home the vehicle wouldn't turn off. It took six or seven attempts to turn vehicle off, by pressing the off button. I was given Chrysler phone number to call, to begin a case.

Last edited by Strato; 09-05-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Garage
electrical issues can be a pain to find

2018 Compass Latitude
post #3 of 4 Old 10-11-2019, 10:44 AM

My old 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee electronics went wacko like that when its 8 year old/100K mile battery open circuited. Perhaps your truck has a bad battery connection issue. Also try holding the off button in for 10 seconds and see if that helps stop it.

Baja-D

2019 Jeep Compass Sport FWD,
2.4L I4 M-Air Engine,
6 Speed Automatic Transmission,
Sport Appearance Group,
Technology Group,
Compact Spare Tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-11-2019, 04:38 PM

they would have to really work hard to diagnose the bad ground or short causing draw to the battery and if trying to get them to do it for free under warranty very little chance they will even try (will take the car, hook on the diagnosti ports, read codes, nothing specific to tell them what to do then they likely won't go looking - even though they should).
I've had random warning lights on my dash on my 2019 as well and they just come and go.
These are design flaws and should be happening from within my first 1000 kilometers of run-time of the vehicle but they are and that unfortunate. Lucky for me so far the electronics have not yet effected my battery but I don't have high hopes I'm pretty realistic about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in