Offroading Photos - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CompassLimited

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Offroading Photos

The Jeep Compass may not be ready for the Rubicon trail but that does not mean you have to stick to asphalt and concrete.

The following photos were found posted on the web in most cases in more than one place. If I am in violation of any copyright laws please let me know and I will remove them or give credit where credit is due.

Do you think with photos like these, instead of the lame advertising they did use, Jeep would have sold a few hundred thousand more units of the Compass?

After a hard day at play you bring it home clean it up and go out to dinner.

My own photo with my Compass cleaned up and ready to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-11-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Nice.............I wonder why it's not Trail Rated by Jeep ??

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-07-2009, 02:35 PM

Garage
Trail rating

It's a marketing thing . . . if we were trail rated there would be not reason for the Patriot.
Wonder which marque is selling better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 08-08-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

If I have colored outside the lines feel free to delete this thread.

post #5 of 20 Old 08-09-2009, 04:49 PM

The Compass is built on a car platform. That's why it isn't trail rated. It's built on the same platform as the Dodge Caliber.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire410 View Post
The Compass is built on a car platform. That's why it isn't trail rated. It's built on the same platform as the Dodge Caliber.
Spoil-sport . . . ya had to burst my bubble . . . well at least it was not built on a Neon platfrom.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
If I have colored outside the lines feel free to delete this thread.
I like your post, the pictures are great! I haven't recieved any complaints.

|
|
post #8 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Me neither about the pics CL..........Umpire.........I knew about the Caliber..........but I doubt it.............'cause the Patriot is the same platform and is Trail Rated...............

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #9 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Instead we got this for an ad campain. Makes me want to run right out and.... well.... NOT buy a Compass.

I really have not seen a Compass ad in some time... or maybe I have and they are just so bad I didn't even look.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-11-2009 at 05:44 AM.
post #10 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 11:11 AM

Garage
The action pictures are great.
The adds, well, somebody must love them?
Remember the Bobble head adds, or the Robot surfer for the Compass back in '07, they wouldn't have made me run out to look at a Compass either.
I did not realize that those were Compass adds until I had already bought the vehicle.
The 2008 sandbox commercial for Jeeps was great, they had our Compass in beautiful blue, loved that advert.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by i2canoe; 08-10-2009 at 12:31 PM.
post #11 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Compass versus Caliber (and the world)
First, the Compass is not simply a Dodge Caliber with Jeep badges tacked on. While the two vehicles share a 103.7-inch wheelbase, the Compass' body is 2 full inches taller than the Caliber. Further differentiating the two, Jeep's approach to departure and break-over angles — the measure of how steep an obstacle a vehicle can climb on, off and over — is much more aggressive on the Compass. At 8.1 inches, the Jeep also has more ground clearance versus 7.6 inches for the Caliber. The Compass' ground clearance also matches or betters most of its competitors.

Given these body and chassis differences, it's not surprising that the driver and front-passenger seating position is significantly different compared to the Caliber. The Compass' seats position your hip 2 inches higher and 1 inch farther forward. The difference gives the driver a better view of whatever is out the windshield, be it a road, two-track or sea of sand.

post #12 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 PM

Caliber v. Compass

Thanks for the technical explanation . I now know why I chose a Compass over the Caliber. Sure I do.....
post #13 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Try telling a mugger, " the pen is mightier than the sword.
post #14 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Performance on the road in the Caliber SRT, or the chance to do a little 4x4 with the Compass. Personally I would not do the full Rubicon Trail in a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon without a few mods. I am sure that I don't want to take a 1000 mile road trip in my Wrangler; however I would jump at the chance to do so in my Compass. I certainly would not take a Caliber to some of the places I have taken the Compass.

If ya want an econo box get a Mini, a real off road vehicle try a Pinzgauer 6x6, for a sports car... look at the Nissan GT-R.

Me, I wanted to do a little off roading, in reasonable comfort, driving something that handles well, and has a certain panache, while getting fairly good mileage. My search lead me to a Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 auto with autostick. I can switch to 4x4 with one finger. It's a six speed. It has leather heated seats on cold mornings. I like the fact that the plastic interior panels are easy to clean after a day canoeing or kayaking. The factory sound system does not pump out 115 dB but it does let me listen to the subtle nuances of my favorite Spanish guitar player at 75 MPH. I did not settle for something; I got what I was looking for.

My Compass looks awesome taking me to the symphony or to the car wash to blast off a half inch of mud. How many other means of transport can you say that about?

To bad some ad agencies seem to be more interested in winning awards for creative campains instead of selling their clients products.

My Compass does not do any one thing great; it does do a lot of things very well. I take that back it does do one thing great.... it makes me happy.

The above photo taken at the National Corvette Museum.
Deb's1st likes this.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-11-2009 at 06:11 AM.
post #15 of 20 Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

I am swore all over.......................just reading all of this.............

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #16 of 20 Old 08-11-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
I am swore all over.......................just reading all of this.............
CompassLimited comes up with some good stuff! I like it, keep it coming our way!

|
|
post #17 of 20 Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM

BenGay wosrks for me.
post #18 of 20 Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM

im digging the offroad [email protected]
post #19 of 20 Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
Nice.............I wonder why it's not Trail Rated by Jeep ??
Lack of ability to go through the Rubicon trail. Also lack of a proper 4x4 system and no skid plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
It's a marketing thing . . . if we were trail rated there would be not reason for the Patriot.
Wonder which marque is selling better?
Even I have to agree that having both the Compass and Patriot is pretty redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire410 View Post
I disagree. The Patriot and Compass are on the same platform (MK), and the Patriot can be trail rated with the right package. Certain Patriots come with the trail rated badge because instead of having FD-I, they have FD-II and skid plates. Also the approach angle is better as well in the Patriots.
post #20 of 20 Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
The action pictures are great.
The adds, well, somebody must love them?
Remember the Bobble head adds, or the Robot surfer for the Compass back in '07, they wouldn't have made me run out to look at a Compass either.
I did not realize that those were Compass adds until I had already bought the vehicle.
The 2008 sandbox commercial for Jeeps was great, they had our Compass in beautiful blue, loved that advert.
Hah, that's the exact realization I had after we purchased out Compass! I saw those commercials and thought "Wow, hey, they did advertise it." I remembered seeing the commercials on TV, I had no recollection of what car was in it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in