Finally posting some pictures of the Rallye - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 25 Old 08-14-2009, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Finally posting some pictures of the Rallye

And here are a couple pictures of the sub set up that I was talking about and said I would show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eze07projectmayhem; 08-14-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM

Nice! BTW, when I was at the dealers last week, I saw a Compass there for service with a swing arm for the spare. I asked the owner about it. It's a custom job he had done for under $200.
You might wnat to look into something like that to solve your missing spare problem.

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
post #3 of 25 Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

I've already got something in the works to solve that problem.. what is it you might ask??

You will just have to wait and see!!

I kinda wish I could see what the swing arm on the compass. I wonder what it would look like. What did you think of it?

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM

I thought that the swing arm looked pretty good. It was centered on the back, but his was a bit lower than I'd like one to be. It looked like it would get in the way of a hitch. He said the toughest part was moving the electrical for the license plate light. His plate now sits to the left of "Compass" on the back bumper.

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
post #5 of 25 Old 08-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Nice pictures! Thanks for posting them.

|
|
post #6 of 25 Old 08-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Nice Eric...........it looks like a mean machine !!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #7 of 25 Old 08-15-2009, 02:40 AM

Looks great Eric! Sick bass setup. I followed a new Black Limited today for a couple of miles.... people were looking hard at our mini parade.

We need to hold a Rally in Chicago and get Jeep to sponsor it.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #8 of 25 Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 AM

Spare tire mount attaches to a 2" reciver.
http://www.autoanything.com/towing/69A4556A0A0.aspx

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #9 of 25 Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 PM

nice rallye

would be sweet with skid plates!
post #10 of 25 Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze07projectmayhem View Post
I've already got something in the works to solve that problem.. what is it you might ask??

You will just have to wait and see!!

I kinda wish I could see what the swing arm on the compass. I wonder what it would look like. What did you think of it?
Just my two-cents' worth, but if you really want to keep your Rallye in the spirit of the true Rallye style, you'd get one (or two!) spare tire that matches your regular wheels and mount them on your roof!

Oh, one more thing... since your speakers are mounted to what looks like some kind of rigid board, you can take that goofy fuzz-covered fiber-board support thing that's behind the rear seat out to give you more room for mounting your electronics. Or it could be a good place to store a couple cans of fix-a-flat!

Owner of:
1991 Wrangler (YJ) since 09-09-1998;
1980 Honda CB750C since 11-25-2005;
2007 steel blue Compass Limited (MK) since 10-12-2009

Last edited by Wizard; 11-09-2009 at 11:24 AM.
post #11 of 25 Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Wiz.......first welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy....and good advise regarding the cans of fix-a-flat.......

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #12 of 25 Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Garage
Pretty Jeep! The wheels are hot!

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #13 of 25 Old 08-30-2010, 04:41 AM

That is a clean a$$ Compass! Would it look wierd if I just got a ralleye front bumper and nothing else? The front bumper makes it look so awesome!

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #14 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 AM
Administrator

I agree, I like the Rallye package! OffTheWoll, I bet that would look great on your Compass!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #15 of 25 Old 09-01-2010, 01:06 PM

Haha. I'm sure it would to. Next summer will be my next MOD time. I'm gonna take the winter off and start fresh after. I've done enough in the 3 months I've owned mine. I need to post some newer pics as well. Sometime soon .... hopefully.

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #16 of 25 Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Yes, please, we would really like some newer pics, you don't have to ask us twice, lol!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #17 of 25 Old 09-23-2010, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Whats up everyone!? Got a little update. I decided to pick up the RRO lift for the Rallye since I will soon be moving to Salt Lake City and will want a little more ground clearance for the snow. I got bigger tires put on last week and went with 225 60 18s. I am hoping to get the lift on this weekend it just depends if I can get in for an alignment after I install. If so I will post pictures asap. Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics. I washed and waxed her a couple days ago and she looked good as new.

This is with the new tires but no lift yet. Will get a better picture of just the tires then tires and the lift.

Here is everything I got with the lift.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #18 of 25 Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Administrator

Cool man and glad to see ya' back around! How much of a lift is that going to give you?

- Cherokee

post #19 of 25 Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Their website says 2.125" of lift. I have read elsewhere that it improves ground clearance by about 3" so I will measure before and after ride height. I didn't think to get stock height with stock tires but I will at least be able to measure just the lift.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #20 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Eric......welcome back..........you've been busy .......but more to do it looks like it.....

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #21 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 04:47 AM

Garage
Dont forget the extra inch or so that you will get from bumping up ur tire size, u could be looking at a GC of almost 12"! not bad for a small(ish) SUV!

Gotta say that I think the Rallye body kit Makes the Compass look about 100% more beefy! However, not sure that it would look that good with just the front bumper OTW, might look a bit out of whack IMO. But hey try it and then we'll know for sure right? If it was me I would go for the whole package. Bit outside of my mod budget at the moment tho. .. Plus it defeats the purpose of having a limited, since you would cover the front and rear bumper inlays...Love the look tho.

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.

Last edited by lochinprc; 09-25-2010 at 04:58 AM.
post #22 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 02:54 PM

Yeah I think it would look a little "off" as well. I don't think I will. Maybe in a couple years to give it a new look. Right now i'm fine with it. I can't wait to see this lift by the way!!

Last edited by OffTheWoll; 09-25-2010 at 03:00 PM.
post #23 of 25 Old 10-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Thanks for sharing your pics! awesome ride u have there!
post #24 of 25 Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM

That look so slick! Thank you for sharing them with us.
You know what? It's really expensive to get the Rallye Pack from Korea.
post #25 of 25 Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 AM

I like the look, but you should see the silver version. I passed one on the Queensway in Ottawa on the way home.
Lady driver and she left me in her dust after she saw me!

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in