please park closer - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 01-15-2011, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down please park closer

we are getting a nice dumping of snow in toronto right now. went out to get some grub thismorning and this dumb ass parked legit right beside me i parked close to the snowbank when i parked there were 3 other cars in the lot i came back there were mb 6 the lot can park 50 cars and he decides to park nice and close to me........ugh rant over now a pic of my compass notice front tinted headlights and turn stalks ;P that's what im talking about

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=517011061

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Administrator

That is close and I absolutely hate that, too! I deliberately park far away, more than enough room around me and for some reason, I always come out to some piece of crap on four wheels parked so close I need a can opener to get into my truck! Here's a site where you can upload pics of them and leave a notice on their vehicle if you like. In order to share the link yet keep with the family friendly nature of this site, I obviously changed the spelling, but just spell it all out in your browser.....

www.youparklikeana**h***.com.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 02:34 AM

Since I have been back in the States, I purposely will drive to the front of the store drop the wife and munchkin off. Drive to the end of the parking lot no mans land it never fails I come out and have cars/trucks parked next to me, to make it worst I usually do the samething find the spot next to the curb(minimizing the chance of a ding on both side) and park inches from it leaving plenty of room. I dont mind so much when its another custom ride or luxury car figure the guy/gal is thinking the samething. this person cares about his/her ride. Scariest places to park/ outside the daycare for me kids just swing the door open...lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 PM

Yeah same here I park away from others with lots of spaces and eventually someone decides to park right beside rather than in the open. Maybe they can judge the space without being beside someone. My son says, park beside and expensive car, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc and they won't ding you that leaves on side to content with.

PS:Zackman, you got to clean the snow off your window, lights etc People can't see you lights and you can't see squat.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Yeah same here I park away from others with lots of spaces and eventually someone decides to park right beside rather than in the open. Maybe they can judge the space without being beside someone. My son says, park beside and expensive car, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc and they won't ding you that leaves on side to content with.

PS:Zackman, you got to clean the snow off your window, lights etc People can't see you lights and you can't see squat.
yeah i know i know i know i just went around the corner to coxwell to grab some food. i cant find my brush and i keep forgetting to buy one i was at 4 different wall marts today and again i forgot! the other one is barried in the trunk of my bimmer too lazy to go get it on a side note i was in your neck of the woods today i think at standard auto wreckers at steels ans Kennedy area.

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #6 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman View Post
yeah i know i know i know i just went around the corner to coxwell to grab some food. i cant find my brush and i keep forgetting to buy one i was at 4 different wall marts today and again i forgot! the other one is barried in the trunk of my bimmer too lazy to go get it on a side note i was in your neck of the woods today i think at standard auto wreckers at steels ans Kennedy area.
Ok, looked like a drink though LOL

I use a push broom at home to clear the snow. It a lot easier and faster. Brush is for when caught out and about.

Standards way south of me and East. Been there but not the best yard. They don't have much if any newer than 2000 if you're looking for parts.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Ok, looked like a drink though LOL

I use a push broom at home to clear the snow. It a lot easier and faster. Brush is for when caught out and about.

Standards way south of me and East. Been there but not the best yard. They don't have much if any newer than 2000 if you're looking for parts.
im heading there tmrw im picking up bmw parts for my car and my buddys they have an old jag convert not an e type but close.. it was sad. btw this i where i guve you heck dont use a push broom! you will scratch your paint over time

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
20% tint on windows
post #8 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 12:55 AM

The one I have has soft bristles and I don't push down on it anyway just its on weight does the trick moving off the soft powder. I use it mostly on the other Jeep since the Compass get to go in the garage its not a requirement.

But yeah keep the scratches down.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in