I consider myself reasonably well educated and very well read. However I just heard the following questions about how we take information for granted. If I was being graded on this test and 70 were passing I would have failed.
We have at our fingertips literally the most powerfully information machine in history. It's just that at times we need to filter the information that we take for granted and process it with our own brain.
1) What is a camel hair brush made out of?
2) What is the first name of King George the 6th?
3) What country do Chinese gooseberries come from?
4) The 100 Years War lasted how long?
5) Panama hats are made in what country?
6) The Canary Islands are named after what animal?
7) A purple finch is what color?
What color is a black box?
9) In what month did the October revolution take place?
10) What is cat gut made of?
This is one of my own.
BONUS- what happens when you eliminate music appreciation from public schools?