where is winter? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 01-06-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
kwc

where is winter?

well, it's been nearly 60 degrees (F) here for the past two days, absolutely ridiculous. our total snowfall for the winter has been barely 5 inches total ... the ski areas are having trouble making snow 'cause it's not cold enough at night! wild ... that's for sure!

suppose I shouldn't complain 'cause it's sure saving on the utility bill!

Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 Jeep Green!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 PM

Up here in Toronto we had a few flurries but ZERO accumulation. One morning the roads had a light dusting of snow but thats it. I'm happy... And worried all at the same time.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 AM

Winter?

I think winter is in Colorado. They are taking all of it. I'm sure they'd rather not have it so extreme there.

Here in NS is a sickening +8 to +10 degrees C. - Went to the local beach with my dog today - No Ice - NONE. This time of year thats unheard of. Guess the seals will have to give berth on the beaches again this year.

Oddly I just watched an Inconvient Truth last night. Scared the !#$! outta me and from what I see around me it's all I can think about today. If your a nervous person I'd recommend that you not watch that film. If you are thinking about buying a gas guzzling suv or truck and need that last kick in the but reason to buy a Compass then rent it.

The years of winter tires / studded winter tires or chains as a must might be past. Went to the mall without a jacket. Sheesh. Its January and people are out in shorts. Saw construction workers doing siding on a house - must be great for them.

Makes me believe my old man about all those stories about snow this high. Our kids might say us - "you had snow for more then a day dad?"

Wiating for a Manual Transmission to Hit the Market - Nova Scotia - Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 07:39 AM

It is the same here, I live near Montreal in Quebec, Canada. I'm 31 years old and I've never seen something like that in Quebec my whole life.

We had about 10 degree Celsius (about what, 50 Fahrenheit) for a few days this week. This is really unheard of here in January. We're establishing new temperature records everyday now.

We had a little snow right after x-mas but now, its totally gone.

Winter was the main reason why I bought a 4x4 Now I'll have to find mud I guess instead, hehehe

RedVortex

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4
Steel Blue, 26E, CVT, Boston Acoustics, Sec. grp.
Heated seats, Driver's convenience grp.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Now remember guys, there is no such thing as global warming /wink
/cry

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4 X 2 RED

Flybynight (LVL 60 Undead Mage 300 Tailor/300 enchanting)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-08-2007, 11:19 PM

I just watched An Inconvenient Truth the other day. Scary stuff. Too bad the reality is most people aren't willing to very much about it... :evil: :evil:
post #7 of 13 Old 01-09-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
I just watched An Inconvenient Truth the other day. Scary stuff. Too bad the reality is most people aren't willing to very much about it... :evil: :evil:

I have not had a chance to watch that yet but I want too.

Did you hear about that big chunk of ice that broke off in the artic?

Its the day after tomorrow!!!

Scarry Stuff really.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 PM

We are just getting beaten up here in Vancouver, BC. I've lived here all my life and never seen weather like this. The next person that says there's no Global Warming should come and have a look at the damage done here. Over 1,000 old growth trees have been knocked down by the winds in Stanley park. When I saw the overhead shots my breath was taken away. We've had winds in excess of 110 Km/h (approx. 70 mph). We're use to a breeze.

The other side of Canada, which is usually under a ton of snow by now is laying off ski hill workers because they can't even make snow. They are normally around -20c to -40c and now they are above zero.

I work at a news radio station and I hear and read things that never get to public but nothing prepared me for this. We don't get weather like this...ever!
Now, you want to talk about Global Warming? I've seen Al Gore's movie as well, wake up people! If it's affecting our lives, can you imagine what it will be like for the kids?

On a happier note, we just put over 3,000 kms on our Compass and love it more everyday. It can go places in snow that our Jeep Liberty wouldn't even try.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Really strange weather huh. Up north its warm and down south is getting a big ice storm, it missed most of the DFW area but it sure has been really cold these last few days (well cold by Texas standards anyway)

post #10 of 13 Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 PM

I spent the last 3 days in the San Antonio area. Everything was ice, my flight was canceled. People don't know how to handle bad winter weather down there There were Jeeps in the ditch... Jeeps should be able to drive out of the ditch folks
post #11 of 13 Old 01-18-2007, 10:26 PM

You should have offered to pull them out of the ditch with your Compass :lol:
post #12 of 13 Old 01-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Garage
Re: where is winter?

WAKE UP . . . winters back.
We had over 100cm snow in December, that's like three times our usual for that month.
Our Streets are still full of snow - 15cm new snow New Years Day.
Temperature now has us in a big chill with a -19C on the thermometer, (-30C with the wind chill factored) but HAY - it's supposed to get up to +10C and by Monday . . . Rain all week reaching +13 by Thursday . . .
What gives?
Where else is the weather so crazy?
:

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #13 of 13 Old 04-06-2010, 05:49 AM

Well there is a winter in New York hear is 12 degree temperature and wind about 5 km/h. I feel here now cool. There are some cloudy atmosphere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in