Recognition of i2canoe - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 09-30-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Recognition of i2canoe

Has anyone noticed that i2canoe has been the longest running most consistent posting member that this board has? From April 28 2007

That and he seems to be a very nice guy. It is unfortunate that his canoe is going to have to be surgically removed from his Compass but that is beside the point. That and if you pronounce i2canoe just right it sounds like a line from an old Beatles song ikookachew. (mini roast just had to get that in)

Anyway in the future if anyone manages to pass 100 posts and is here longer than a year I will refer to them as having been canoing.

Thanks for your longevity i2canoe hope you paddle these boards with your humor, warmth and insight for years to come.

-Lew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 09-30-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 AM

Yes, I recognize i2canoe's seniority here. I'm glad that he's stuck around here and hope we all continue this well into the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 18 Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 AM

Garage
Thank-you Lew

Hay that rhymes with something.
I came upon this forum while, like a anxious father, impatiently awaiting delivery of MY Compass. Back then there was no such thing as available stock, although I maybe could have had one sooner, if it didn't need to be a 5-speed Limited. Production runs altered between Compass, Patriot and Calibers so weeks would go by with NO Compasses. Then when they ran our Compasses only about 20% would be Limiteds under the assumption that those wanting the Limited would want the FULL LOAD meaning no standard trannies.
The weeks the dealer promised stretched into months, all the while hoping that the wait would be worthwhile. I had been a serious BMW devotee since 1980 and never a huge fan of domestic products (except for Jeeps, which I have adored since childhood) and was very apprehensive about the choice. Happy to say today that Ol'Nelly-Bell, my Compass, has surpassed my every expectation.

This site had remained true to it's origins, although many have come and gone, and for this I thank you all.
Even the rash of nudnicks from outer fringes of worlds beyond add to the amusement of us all
Special thanks to our Moderators, whose keen stewardship keeps the Jeep Compass in mind by sweeping out the space junk.

And with the water in my 'hood soon to turn hard, the canoe will be away & this year I will take off the rack. I love having the rack as it makes it so much easier to spot my car in parking lots but it will come off - I understand 5% fuel saving can be achieved.

Sorry for rambling on . . . but again thank you for the kind acknowledgement - and - CL - Lew2CanCanoe -
(and if you every go through Dunlap, make sure to say "hay" to my bud Scott on the Sequatchie for me, I will have him set you up with a favourite paddle)

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

I second that motion your honor...........So I guess a few of us will be canoed soon............We will met soon as we don't live that far apart.........and it seems that there is afew members from the Montreal area as well............we need to look into it.............I wonder how this canoe looks in the winter on that roof ??????

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #5 of 18 Old 10-03-2009, 03:32 PM

et tu. 12 canoe.
post #6 of 18 Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 PM

i hope to be canoed one day (sigh)

Black is Back

2007 Jeep Compass Limited, Rallye Bodykit,Chrome Accents, Madass Wheels ect.

Its my Dads Laser Cutting Company

post #7 of 18 Old 10-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

You will.................patience my dear friend !!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 18 Old 10-22-2009, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

i2 I just read your first post.

Quote:
Buying into the Dream

Wish I was writing as a Compass owner. A month ago I thought I bought one. Wrote an order for one, that's for sure, left my deposit for a Black Limited 4x4 with a sunroof and 5 speed. Needed those options. Seems the 5 speed Limited is a rare bird? Anyways was given the impression of a 4 to 6 week wait but date would be certain once VIN was assigned. Still waiting. Glad to have found this site! Great to be able to read about the experiences you Compass drivers are having. Looking forward to being able to join.
-Ger
That was posted back on 04-28-2007, 06:32 AM

How are you feeling about the Compass today?

Also found that we have at least one other car in common a TR6.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 10-22-2009 at 04:28 AM.
post #9 of 18 Old 10-22-2009, 10:46 AM

Garage
Thanks for the memories

CL - you know that the Compass has in everyway measured up well to my hopes and expectations. Knock wood - may it continue to serve me in the same fashion.
Thanks -
I am as still as enthusiastic with the Compass as I was with the TR6, and I have kept the TR now over thirty years.
Small world, you had a TR? or still do?

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #10 of 18 Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Alas the TR6 is but a distant memory.

And yeah I know that the Compass is serving you very well. As the true senior member I just wanted you to say so for the benifit of our newer members.

post #11 of 18 Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Garage
I hope a few other members plan to be around a long time also.

When I buy a car, I buy it with the intention of keeping it forever.
Not to get tired of it, and not to get sucked in by the annual redesigns exercised by most car makers.
ie: the TR6 - very few modifications during all it's years of production.
Choosing the Jeep was a major decision, and I very well studied the choice.
Previous I had driven BMW 3-series since 1980, only changing for well thought out reasons (1980-320SP, changed when 3 series went to six cyl, 1984-325e, then again in 1993 for a 325is. The last car went over 250,000km when I changed it in '07 for the Compass.
Although I am in NO rush to rack up a quarter of a million klicks on the Compass I really intent to keep it at least ten years . . . so far it is rock solid, again knock wood.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #12 of 18 Old 10-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

I2 said:
Quote:
I for one sincerely hope to be around...............

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #13 of 18 Old 10-24-2009, 01:22 AM

Im only like twenty something away!!! I have been MIA on here for a few months working on some other projects and what not. But, I always come back and hope to be around for a long time as I don't wanna get rid of the jeep.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #14 of 18 Old 11-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze07projectmayhem View Post
Im only like twenty something away!!! I have been MIA on here for a few months working on some other projects and what not. But, I always come back and hope to be around for a long time as I don't wanna get rid of the jeep.
Finally found a good way of saying it, been MIA myself lately, almost feel bad for posting here, since I had to lose my Compass to a separation , but even at that, I still do enjoy checking this place out when life and time allow. I just read my first post, and, boy is life different now. It is good to see some of the same folks are still here, so just like the Compass, if ya' got something good, better hold on to it! BTW congrats on your milestone i2Canoe!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #15 of 18 Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Cherokee, I am glad that you still come by to visit. Almost three years since your first post. You will always be welcome here.

post #16 of 18 Old 11-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Finally found a good way of saying it, been MIA myself lately, It is good to see some of the same folks are still here, so just like the Compass, if ya' got something good, better hold on to it! BTW congrats on your milestone i2Canoe!

- Cherokee
Thank you Cherokee, welcome back, having to give up the Cherokee due to separation . . . rough, but you still have Compass in you heart and will always be a part of our community.
If I lost my Compass, there is little doubt that I would replace her with another Compass. Were I to have to separate from ol'nelly-belle I think a new one would go miles in helping me readjust.
I would love to share my envy with our other members should you one day chose to procure a new Compass.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #17 of 18 Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 AM

I like the Compass, and I like this post. BTT.

|
|
post #18 of 18 Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
Cherokee, I am glad that you still come by to visit. Almost three years since your first post. You will always be welcome here.

Thanks, I appreciate that, and I am good with things mechanical, lol, so I can still assist in troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
Thank you Cherokee, welcome back, having to give up the Cherokee due to separation . . . rough, but you still have Compass in you heart and will always be a part of our community.
If I lost my Compass, there is little doubt that I would replace her with another Compass. Were I to have to separate from ol'nelly-belle I think a new one would go miles in helping me readjust.
I would love to share my envy with our other members should you one day chose to procure a new Compass.
It has been awhile since I last spoke to you, i2, hope you, and all on here, have been well! Yes, I did have another Compass in mind, in fact it had been sitting on the lot for what seemed like forever (I even told me ex we should buy that one, too, and we could be car twins, haha), a nice dark grey one, but my luck, when I actually went looking, they had sold it a couple days prior and were the only dealership left in the area that had any in stock, so.....sticking with my Mopar blood, and having missed having my truck, I bought a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 (details in my signature), which I absolutely love and now that family size is smaller, lol, is perfect for just me and the dogs.

Unfortunately, I believe, after this year though, there won't be any more Compass, as I understand it is being axed from production along with the Patriot, Caliber, Nitro and some others.....Sad sad days for Chrysler

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in