Any motorcyclist here? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 03-23-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Any motorcyclist here?

And if so what do you ride?

I have a 2004 Yahama V-Star 650 Silverado.

I admit I have not been riding as much as of late, I have that baby to take care of and it's out right crazy riding in Dallas.

I was riding it to work a lot, but now mostly I am a weekend warror.

But I still love it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM

I used to ride, but I dumped it in the sand a few years back (end of the winter road sand) and I haven't got back on (yet). I rode a 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650. My husband rides. He just traded in his 2000 Suzuki Intruder for a brand new 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T loaded. Finally it's getting warm enough to ride around here (Central MA), but the roads are soaked with melting snow and full of sand.
I love the V-Stars, very classy look. I heard Dallas was nuts for traffic. We're pretty lucky to have a lot of country and back roads to enjoy. I do not like riding on the highway at all, it's so dangerous.
Be Safe!
post #3 of 15 Old 03-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Not me, personally, but my partner has an '02 Honda 919 CB 900F, that she drives daily, rain or shine, warm or cold. She absolutely loves it, and we, too, have a lot of scenic back country roads down here in Cajun country. Not only that, but most people here do ride, Poker runs and the like. Pretty fun sometimes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
have a lot of scenic back country roads down here in Cajun country.

Sounds very nice, heck it takes a good few hours to get away from the city around here

But if I did have some nice scenic roads to ride I know I would be out there more often!
post #5 of 15 Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I have an Aunt who lives in Ft. Worth, and is sooooooooo ready to move it isn't funny. She loves the place and all, but traffic is a nightmare. Is it really as poorly designed as she complains about? Never been there, myself, but with the new car and all, was thinking about making the trip for the weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #6 of 15 Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Yes it is.

The Only city I have driven thats worse is LA, and I didn't think it was that much worse than Dallas.
It can take an hour to go 10 miles if you get caught in traffic.

But let me know if you come this way, you have to pass Dallas to get to Ft Worth, we could have the first offical Compass meeting
post #7 of 15 Old 03-29-2007, 12:28 AM

I sold my Suzuki DL650 to pay for EMT school last year. I am now looking at the Suzuki Bandit 1200 or maybe the Yamaha FZ1.
All you Rush fans check out their site and listen to the new track.
They will be here in Denver in August!!
post #8 of 15 Old 03-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Sounds good, flybynight. I will have to let you know, and my partner is just begging for a road trip. Perhaps sometime in July is what we are thinking. I am from Texas originally, thought about moving back a few years ago, but I am already too far away from family where I am, so most likely Florida. Anyway, if you do get out, just be careful. Might wanna just take the Jeep, lol!

post #9 of 15 Old 08-28-2007, 03:49 AM

I ride a Vespa ET4 (Motorscooter) 190.

I actually have a fellow scooterist in Dallas and one in Louisiana.

Happy riding
post #10 of 15 Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 AM

i'm italian and i ride an american bike,,,,,,,,

Buell XB9S forever....
post #11 of 15 Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 PM

Re: Any motorcyclist here?

VTX 1800C :mrgreen: Mmmmm! Speed!
post #12 of 15 Old 12-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Any motorcyclist here

very quiet for being metal.. i like to watch skateboarding a lot, like rodney mullen..i play videogames a lot but its not really a passion, my girlfriend is a whole lot of passion, and i like psichology a lot...i also love all the arts, mostly...
post #13 of 15 Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM

oh is this the group buy for those compass comforters? if so ill take one
post #14 of 15 Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Watchmaker............do you in anyway own or in the process of owning a Jeep Compass ???

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #15 of 15 Old 12-24-2009, 12:46 AM

I've got an older Russian Ural sidercar motorcycle that I haven't rode in quite a while.

|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in