Summer plans....... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 Old 06-24-2010, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Smile Summer plans.......

Just to share with one another's plan.....I'm asking what are your plans for the upcoming lazy summer days and nights ?????

I'll be on vacation in July and will travelling to New York city for a week with my wife and my 17 year old daughter......got a feeling I'll spend a bit more money on shopping........

As for the rest of the time we will be attending Montreal Jazz Festival.......this is always great and will be golfing, biking resting and enjoying life......

About the rest of you ??????

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
Just to share with one another's plan.....I'm asking what are your plans for the upcoming lazy summer days and nights ?????

I'll be on vacation in July and will travelling to New York city for a week with my wife and my 17 year old daughter......got a feeling I'll spend a bit more money on shopping........

As for the rest of the time we will be attending Montreal Jazz Festival.......this is always great and will be golfing, biking resting and enjoying life......

About the rest of you ??????
I'll be in Montreal as well visiting my daughter and probably see some of the festival as well. This is the first trip for the Compass to Montreal.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 AM

Garage
I have 6 weddings to attend. Possibly some fishing if there is any more free time.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Administrator

No real "vacation" plans to speak of. I don't get my vacation time from work until the end of next month, but considering I work a week and am then off for a week, vacation time really doesn't matter. Took a road trip and went to Florida end of May for a few days with my Dad, so we'll probably plan a few more little trips like that. We like to pick a place neither of has been and just go. Hope y'all take a camera and get some pics!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 PM

I hope to go to PEI in Sept for our 20th anniversary. Jerry Jeep will probably be left at home with the cats

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #6 of 24 Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 PM

Garage
Summer in New Orleans means stocking up on emergency food and waiting for the next evacuation notice. Could be for a hurricane or oil contamination or a little bit of both!

Wonderful place to exist! (no one really "lives" down heah) We just wait to die!

I'm going to get an oil change for my Comp tomorrow so's I's be's ready to head North!
post #7 of 24 Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Sky said :
Quote:
I'm going to get an oil change for my Comp tomorrow
Where to at the beach? ........this one was too easy !!!! I just had too......
Seriously this oil spill is a disaster........at least your President reacted accordingly compare to the previous one..........

Hope all is fine in the French quarters of the US of A?

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 24 Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 AM

Garage
I will paddle . . . surprised?
Off to the wilds next week.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #9 of 24 Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Hi Canoe,

What do you define the wilds as?
I used to summer on Memphremagog and parts of Vermont and New Hampshire.
Camping at the top of Jay peak can be really wild. Especially if your sleeping bag is 10 feet from a cliff.

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #10 of 24 Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 AM

Garage
Wilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWoodca View Post
Hi Canoe,

What do you define the wilds as?
I used to summer on Memphremagog and parts of Vermont and New Hampshire.
Camping at the top of Jay peak can be really wild. Especially if your sleeping bag is 10 feet from a cliff.
Great view from top of Jay, spent time on the Long Trail, love the summit of Mt.Mansfield. Some time ago I decided paddling was more for me than hiking, something about carrying everything on my back all day.
"My" wilds are mainly Papineau Labelle, and LeVerendry, although not actually "wild" in the true sense of the word, still very unspoiled by people. I try to get back every chance I get.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #11 of 24 Old 07-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
Summer in New Orleans means stocking up on emergency food and waiting for the next evacuation notice. Could be for a hurricane or oil contamination or a little bit of both!

Wonderful place to exist! (no one really "lives" down heah) We just wait to die!

I'm going to get an oil change for my Comp tomorrow so's I's be's ready to head North!
LOL, it's not quite that bad haha, well besides the sweltering heat and humidity, oh, and the mosquitoes, too! They're calling for an active hurricane season Sky, guess I need to start gearing up as well, but a storm in the gulf before the relief wells are complete would be one ugly mess, bigger than what we have now!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #12 of 24 Old 07-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Garage
New Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post

You really put the summer in a different light.
My heart goes out to all in the Gulf, having to sit back and watch the destruction of our valuable wet lands.
Last week I a couple of students were griping about being turned away at the American Border. They intended to go "volunteer" to help where ever they could with the cleaning and saving of the wet lands and animals. They were questioned for more then six hours before ultimately being denied entry to the USA.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #13 of 24 Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Garage
I2, the feds (North) want Louisiana to die! The Civil War actually never ended!

They're disappointed that Katrina didn't do a better job!

Perhaps it's our legacy for being so damned stupid doun heah.
post #14 of 24 Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
You really put the summer in a different light.
My heart goes out to all in the Gulf, having to sit back and watch the destruction of our valuable wet lands.
Last week I a couple of students were griping about being turned away at the American Border. They intended to go "volunteer" to help where ever they could with the cleaning and saving of the wet lands and animals. They were questioned for more then six hours before ultimately being denied entry to the USA.
That is sad, but, unfortunately, true. We have so many vessels from many countries around the world at our disposal, yet NOT ONE of them has been allowed to be put to work! Yet, someone applauded our president the other day for his "response" to this and how it was better than what the last president would have done. The nerve to say something like that, when, in the face of this and Katrina, the PEOPLE OF LOUISIANA have been the first and best response on the scene! Just another No-win for No-Bama.....

Sky, I don't necessarily agree with that thought, but I can see where you're coming from! I don't know too many people here that aren't angry, but I think Katrina had an even worse effect than the actual storm, it created a sense of entitlement on the part of some, whereas the rest of us would rather just handle it ourselves than give the government something else to meddle in and totally mess up!

- Cherokee

post #15 of 24 Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cherokee said :
Quote:
Yet, someone applauded our president the other day for his "response" to this and how it was better than what the last president would have done. The nerve to say something like that
I'm the one that said that with the information we are getting up here........I apologize if I offended anyone as i believe the people will pull through like usual........goverment is there only to make it look good anyway !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #16 of 24 Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
Cherokee said :

I'm the one that said that with the information we are getting up here........I apologize if I offended anyone as i believe the people will pull through like usual........goverment is there only to make it look good anyway !!!!!
Oh no, Ffl, I didn't mean you!!! I hear these "talking heads" on tv say that all the time, that's what I was referring to, those "commentators" who talk incessantly about things they know absolutely nothing about, but at no time did anything you say offend me, so I sure hope you don't take it that way! Me, I'm just biding my time until election time 2012!

- Cherokee

post #17 of 24 Old 07-22-2010, 05:46 AM

I'm taking the Compass on it's first road trip the end of August. I got a week of leave so I'm driving it from San Diego, CA to Truckee, CA (Tahoe Area) this will all be after a K&N CAI upgrade.
post #18 of 24 Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Happy trail and be safe !!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #19 of 24 Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 PM

Visiting Normandy in France for three weeks with my wife and kids.
post #20 of 24 Old 02-25-2012, 11:09 PM

Garage
Getting married at Niagara Falls in April, then in August/September either taking a Disney Cruise or going to Disney in Florida or California....!!

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

post #21 of 24 Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDevil79 View Post
Getting married at Niagara Falls in April, then in August/September either taking a Disney Cruise or going to Disney in Florida or California....!!
Disney cruise is amazing! thrust me! expensive but fantastic!
post #22 of 24 Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtune View Post
Visiting Normandy in France for three weeks with my wife and kids.
Now that sounds cool, sure hope you take pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDevil79 View Post
Congrats on the upcoming wedding, that's awesome!

- Cherokee

post #23 of 24 Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 PM

Garage
Thanks Cherokee, it will be!

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

post #24 of 24 Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

WOW great plans.........

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in