What are your music tastes? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mowgli

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 10-21-2010, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What are your music tastes?

I just wanted to make a topic about your music tastes so that maybe we can discover new stuff from each other.

Well, I'm not sure you guys will like my music style, I listen to punk/rock to metalcore/hardcore.

Here is one of my suggestion for metalcore : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07PBxKbzSFE

August Burns Red. The album is Constellations. One of the best melodic metalcore band I've ever seen. These guys are so talented.

Also I've just discovered this underrated punk band (Conditions) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfX4dLrtKbE

I think they have a good sound and some pretty riffs. It kinda reminds me of the summer...

I play guitar & bass since 7 years and drums since 2 years so I really like when it's melodic and hard to play!
bluestar likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HID Trois-Rivières /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Administrator

Definitely a cool conversation idea! Some neat stuff you posted there, I actually liked that! Typically, I'm a country music type of kid, country, cajun/swamp pop, classic rock. Truck = country, Compass (to me) was always techno/high energy type music.

Good thread, though, let's all post up some of what we like to listen to! Here's a little local flavor from down home LA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-YVcdDzSc4

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 04:56 AM

We don't seem to listen to music too much at home, mostly in the car. My preferred pre-sets are 1. Talk Radio, 2. Classic Country, 3. Country - the new stuff, and 4. Contemporary Christian. The others are preset to my husband's channels, Country, Southern Rock, Rock, Sports, Sports and more sports. When our German Shorthaired Pointer, Gator, is going to be home alone, he listens to Jimmy Buffet's Margarita channel on the Siruis Radio on our satellite dish.

My listening depends upon the time and the day. When I get off work (at 8 a.m.), I listen to talk radio. Other times, I'll listen to a CD. Going to work, in the late evening I'll listen to a CD to pump me up to get ready to work a 12 hr shift. My cd's are mostly older country, and some Contemporary Christian.

By the way, we have tickets to see my favorite all time group, the Bellamy Brothers the day after Thanksgiving.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 AM

For me, I love listening to RnB and Reggae music
post #5 of 14 Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM

Mu Music ranges all over the map from classical to reggae to rock and roll as well as country

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #6 of 14 Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Garage
I thought I would dig up an old thread and mention a few of my favorite groups.

Now, I like most everything (except country, that is my absolute least favorite of all, worse than classical music even!). However, lately I have really been into glitchy, melodic, dance, techno stuff.

A few bands worth mentioning that I really enjoy:
BT
DeadMau5
The Glitch Mob
Groove Armada
Hybrid
Innerpartysystem
Junkie XL
Massive Attack
Morgan Page
Royksopp
Thievery Corporation
Unkle
The Wiseguy's

A few of my latest likes are:
Pendulum
Little People little people music
Pretty Lights Pretty Lights Music

I think Pretty Lights are my absolute favorite right now. I have been listening to him non-stop. You can check out his website and download all of his albums for free! Everything is based on donations to help pay for the site, otherwise he goes on lots of tours and such. Little people is really cool too and you can download some of his stuff free as well.

I sure hope that this list could help some of you with similar music tastes. If you have any that you would like to share similar to these, please let me know about them!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
May 2011 Jeep Compass of the Month Winner!

post #7 of 14 Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM

I'm all over the place: Some favorites: Bob Dylan, Dvorak symphonies, Chris Rea, 60s British Invasion, John Prine, Moody Blues, Merle Haggard.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 AM

I'm with BlackLightning on this although my musical tastes in dance probable go bit harder and faster than his. Massive Attack....is Unfinished Sympathy the greatest song of all time? Its got to be up there...amazing.

Currently, the first track loaded onto my new Compass was Louder by DJ Fresh a tune that is set to be HUGE this summer.

I'm based in cold wet England but this track just makes me want to jump on the next plane to LA and get my skateboard out!!!

post #9 of 14 Old 06-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
I'm with BlackLightning on this although my musical tastes in dance probable go bit harder and faster than his. Massive Attack....is Unfinished Sympathy the greatest song of all time? Its got to be up there...amazing.

Currently, the first track loaded onto my new Compass was Louder by DJ Fresh a tune that is set to be HUGE this summer.

I'm based in cold wet England but this track just makes me want to jump on the next plane to LA and get my skateboard out!!!
Yes, +1 for Me! Thanks Cannavar!

I will have to check DJ Fresh out when I get home. I cannot stream anything at work. I have a tough enough time just getting on this site at work as it is!

May 2011 Jeep Compass of the Month Winner!

post #10 of 14 Old 02-25-2012, 02:48 AM

Garage
Despite the spammer rebooting this thread i'll chime in...

I've been listening to The Prodigy since '92 so they're my top band, besides them I also like:

-Pendulum
-Chemical Brothers
-Does It Offend You, Yeah?
-Friendly Fires
-Hard-Fi
-We Are Scientists
-Foo Fighters

And my fiancee loves Red Hot Chili Peppers

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

Last edited by BeDevil79; 02-28-2012 at 09:39 PM.
post #11 of 14 Old 06-13-2013, 05:34 AM

hmm guys you have a good choice in music but not similar to me...well today's I am listening Demi Lovato collection.. and my favorite number is Skyscraper.. I love that song because I think in that song the singer gives her best performance.
post #12 of 14 Old 01-30-2015, 06:06 PM

romantic music and alternative
post #13 of 14 Old 04-14-2016, 09:52 AM

just watched the jungle book. can't get over the music
post #14 of 14 Old 04-14-2016, 04:54 PM

Garage
This...

Supernatural

Currently massaging a 2007 Jeep Compass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in