The New Chrysler Website - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 46 Old 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

The New Chrysler Website

Things have been moving very fast for the Chrysler Group since May when news of the sale to Cerberus Capital Management first came out. There have been many questions and much speculation as to what the future of Chrysler would hold as it continues to make strides in the ever-shifting and increasingly competitive domestic car market.

Well, the deal is finalized and The New Chrysler is now, once again, an American company. To usher in this new era, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new Chrysler Corporate Website, click here.

This new website contains a great deal of information on the new company, be it details pertaining to the new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty or what to expect from their partnership with Cerberus. I would highly recommend taking a look at Chrysler’s new “manifesto,” which outlines their strategy for the next hundred years.

This is also where to go to find out “What’s Next” for Chrysler products and technology. They have information on the 2008 Dodge Challenger and the future of Chrysler’s Hybrid Hemi, FlexFuel and Diesel engines.

These are very exciting times for Chrysler and this is the best place to stay on top of the latest happenings as they develop. In the mean time, I’d be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks everyone let me know if I can help.

Sean T.
Chrysler Online Dialogue Representative

Jeep Online Dialogue Representative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-800-925-JEEP / 1-800-925-5337
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM

Sean -
Can you explain why the new warranty policy does not apply to
Canadian customers ?

2007 Compass Sport 4X4 Khaki
post #3 of 46 Old 08-06-2007, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmisery
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
I actually don't have too much information on that, but I'll do some checking and get back to you if I get an answer.

In the mean time, I would point you in the direction of one of your Authorized Local Dealers.

I think they may have some more information.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Yeah exactly!!! That really pisses me off!
:evil:

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #5 of 46 Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 PM
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Honestly, I wish I would have bought my new car in the US.

Listen to me now and believe me later, witht he canadian dollar and better exchange, Canadian Chrysler dealers will see the hit.

Keep in mind we get payed back like this after CHRYSLER becomes the second biggest seller of vehicles in Canada. Not Ford, not Toyota.

post #6 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACX
Quote:
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Honestly, I wish I would have bought my new car in the US.

Listen to me now and believe me later, witht he canadian dollar and better exchange, Canadian Chrysler dealers will see the hit.

Keep in mind we get payed back like this after CHRYSLER becomes the second biggest seller of vehicles in Canada. Not Ford, not Toyota.

Yeah we're getting screwed on the Warranty and on the Pricing. They (Not just Chrysler) are pricing the vehicles as if the Canadian Dollar was worth 70 Cents US when in reality it's worth about 95 Cents US.

Check out this article:

http://torontosun.com/Money/Columnists/ ... 3-sun.html

:!:

post #7 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Okay everybody, I have a little bit of information that could shine some light on the warranty woes.

I have been told that Chrysler does, in fact, plan on extending the warranty offered in the U.S. to our good friends up north. Apparently some regulatory issues are causing some problems, especially in some select provinces.

So the good news is, it's just a matter of working through the kinks. The bad news is, I'm not sure how long it will be.

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.

post #8 of 46 Old 08-07-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInfoCenter
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Okay everybody, I have a little bit of information that could shine some light on the warranty woes.

I have been told that Chrysler does, in fact, plan on extending the warranty offered in the U.S. to our good friends up north. Apparently some regulatory issues are causing some problems, especially in some select provinces.

So the good news is, it's just a matter of working through the kinks. The bad news is, I'm not sure how long it will be.

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
I'm hoping that it's by mid-September as that as when I'm due to take delivery of my 2008 Jeep Compass.

post #9 of 46 Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
So what's the latest on the Unlimited Warranty for Canada?
:

post #10 of 46 Old 08-22-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
:
No updates yet, but I've been told that things are moving forward. As soon as I know something, you will too.

- Sean T.

post #11 of 46 Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
:
No updates yet, but I've been told that things are moving forward. As soon as I know something, you will too.

- Sean T.
Do you at least have an ETA? My Compass order has been delayed (due to Another parts shortage) and I'm thinking of cancelling and going with a GM product as they have a much better Canadian warranty.

post #12 of 46 Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 AM

you're kidding right?! dont go with gm

the gas consumption will never compare!!! And we all like the look of the Compass better...

My Jeep Compass:
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 - Jeep Green, CVT, sunroof, driver & security pkg, boston acoustics
post #13 of 46 Old 08-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatenacci

the gas consumption will never compare!!! And we all like the look of the Compass better...
Yeah well I'm not very happy with Chrysler at the moment.
I was supposed to take delivery of my Compass on September 13th. Now it's not even going to get built until October 1st - at the earliest!
Plus I'm tired of companies treating Canada like a Second Class Market.
We're getting screwed on the pricing as our dollar is worth about 95 cents US but they're pricing the vehicles as if our dollar is worth 70 cents US.
Plus they're offering a far superior warranty in the US. At least GM Canada is offering 5 Year 160,000 Km warranty. Chrysler is only offering a 5 year 100,000 Km warranty. At the same time Chrysler is slapping Canadians in the face by offering a better warranty on the Exact same vehicles in the US.
Not to mention that I already got screwed by Chrysler on my 2002 warranty as they switched it from 5/100 to 7/115 about a month after I bought my 2002.
In addition I had to have my radiator replaced as the transmission cooling lines sheared off and Chrysler wouldn't cover it but I just found out that they started covering the exact same repair a few months after mine happened & now they won't reimburse me.
I like the Compass and have one on order but I'm beginning to rethink it as I'm tired of the way Chrysler is treating Canada. Especially since Chrysler is #2 in sales in Canada - which is much higher than they are in the US

post #14 of 46 Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 AM
kwc

neely ...

there has got to be a Compass or two in the Toronto area, sitting on some dealer's lot, that matches what you're looking for!! after all, Toronto is a pretty big city!!

Can you check inventory on jeep.ca? like you can on the us version?

I would definitely check it out, or go to your dealer and ask them to find you one ... they have the ability to swap vehicles with other dealers.

Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 Jeep Green!
post #15 of 46 Old 08-25-2007, 04:03 AM

No, he wants the 2008, which I see his point on that. Perhaps I wouldn't have a leaky sunroof if I waited! ANYways... as for the second class market, we kind of are. Even though we are number 2 in Canada, The US has much higher sales than us because of their higher population, so I guess they get the good stuff first.

As for the pricing in terms of our dollar, most automakers do this as far as I know, not just Chrysler. Vehicles are just a lot cheaper in the states to begin with, but importing one would still screw us because of the taxes.

The whole warranty thing is probably not their fault, there are different regulations here and they are working on it, it's just a matter of time and being patient I guess. I was told 4-6 weeks for my Compass, waited over 10, they're just slow I guess!!!

I would be mad about all the past stuff you dealt with, but I'm sure there are similar things with other companies as well.

It would be good if they could give you an estimated time about the warranty, perhaps you could write a letter to head office addressing your concerns. If you're planning to keep this vehicle long term, then the lifetime powertrain warranty would be much better than the GM, assuming it will come some time soon!!!

My Jeep Compass:
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 - Jeep Green, CVT, sunroof, driver & security pkg, boston acoustics
post #16 of 46 Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 AM

Yeah I'm planning on keeping it a very long time. If they get the new warranty in Canada soon then I'll wait it out. Trust me I want to give my business to Chrysler but they don't seem to want to earn it. This will be the 10th Chrysler vehicle my family has bought since 1987. (If I go through with buying it)

post #17 of 46 Old 08-25-2007, 04:12 AM

Well then they better get cracking before they lose a valuable customer for life! I agree with you, they could've waited to release the warranty in both countries at least, we are North America, how hard could it be to work as hard getting the warranty in Canada as they did in the US? It better be soon... I lost out and I am keeping my Compass for a long time!! I'm just relying on the fact that since they are doing this new warranty, they must have a lot of faith in their vehicles, so I do too!

My Jeep Compass:
post #18 of 46 Old 08-25-2007, 04:16 AM

In the States you can buy the new warranty if you recently purchased your Chrysler product. I think it's about $750 US. There's info about it on the Jeep Patriot website.

post #19 of 46 Old 08-25-2007, 04:17 AM

OH we better get that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be so pissed otherwise! I"ll write a letter if I have to haha

My Jeep Compass:
post #20 of 46 Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Perhaps I wouldn't have a leaky sunroof if I waited!

Leaky sunroof : What up with that M : sunroofs aren't supposed to leak.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #21 of 46 Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 AM

you're telling me! My dad is bringing it in tomorrow since I have to work, hopefully all goes well, I wish I could've brought it in myself to talk to them... oh well...

My Jeep Compass:
post #22 of 46 Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Garage
I am sure you cannot wait explaination . . . meanwhile somehow I but 5K km on my Compass this month and am going this AM for my first oilchange.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #23 of 46 Old 08-27-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah well I'm not very happy with Chrysler at the moment.
I was supposed to take delivery of my Compass on September 13th. Now it's not even going to get built until October 1st - at the earliest!
Plus I'm tired of companies treating Canada like a Second Class Market.
We're getting screwed on the pricing as our dollar is worth about 95 cents US but they're pricing the vehicles as if our dollar is worth 70 cents US.
Plus they're offering a far superior warranty in the US. At least GM Canada is offering 5 Year 160,000 Km warranty. Chrysler is only offering a 5 year 100,000 Km warranty. At the same time Chrysler is slapping Canadians in the face by offering a better warranty on the Exact same vehicles in the US.
Not to mention that I already got screwed by Chrysler on my 2002 warranty as they switched it from 5/100 to 7/115 about a month after I bought my 2002.
In addition I had to have my radiator replaced as the transmission cooling lines sheared off and Chrysler wouldn't cover it but I just found out that they started covering the exact same repair a few months after mine happened & now they won't reimburse me.
I like the Compass and have one on order but I'm beginning to rethink it as I'm tired of the way Chrysler is treating Canada. Especially since Chrysler is #2 in sales in Canada - which is much higher than they are in the US
Well today my anger @ Chrysler grew some more. I took delivery of my 2002 Neon in May 2002.
On August 26, 2005 I had to replace the battery. I've always got at LEAST 5 years out of a battery in the past. I had to go to the closest dealership , instead of my usual dealership (for obvious reasons)
On August 26, 2007 my battery dies again.
Both times there was Absolutely NO WARNING. Both times the car started fine 5 Minutes earlier & then nothing.
So of course August 26th 2007 was a Sunday so the dealership isn't even open & I can't go to my normal dealership because I need to go to the closest dealership to make sure that I actually get there.
So once again they charge me a $60 Diagnosis charge even though Both times I told them it was the battery and the battery light came on after I got a boost. They say that they have to Prove to Chrysler that the Battery was defective (for the warranty coverage on the battery) so they have to do the test and I have to pay for the test. The warranty only covers the test for 1 year. I ask the service manager if he thinks that a battery should only last 2 years and he says that they had a bunch that only lasted 1 year in Neons.
:
Wow what an answer!

So $125 later I have my 3rd Mopar battery in 5 years...

On the way out I notice that they didn't put the Battery Sticker on my Reciept so I go back in and they tell me that they put it on Their Copy of the Reciept and I don't need it. I ask them to read the sticker to me and they're like Oh it does say to attatch it to the customer copy... they remove it and staple it to my reciept.
These are the same clowns that put my Radiator Hose on backwards after they replaced my Radiator - if I hadn't caught that mistake the hose would have melted as it was sitting right on top of the engine...
Plus the last time they changed my battery they Forgot to Tighten the Battery on to the Battery Tray - It was just sitting there loose. My regular dealer found it like that during my next oil change & they tightened it down for me - for free of course.

A word to the wise - Avoid Elgin Mills Chrysler in Richmond Hill, Ontario @ All Costs!

post #24 of 46 Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
:

- Sean T.
Any news yet???

:

post #25 of 46 Old 09-28-2007, 11:31 PM

No reponse to my post or to the email that I sent him = No Lifetime Warranty for Canada.

Big Surprise!

post #26 of 46 Old 10-03-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
The battery in my neon lasted about 1 1/2, just outside of warranty. As soon as it went I went and got a DieHard. It lasted almost 7 years, including living in Yukon for 2 1/2 years and with my ex wife for 5. When it went, it got replaced with the same.

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
post #27 of 46 Old 10-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Quote:
The battery in my neon lasted about 1 1/2, just outside of warranty. As soon as it went I went and got a DieHard. It lasted almost 7 years, including living in Yukon for 2 1/2 years and with my ex wife for 5. When it went, it got replaced with the same.
I can imagine how hard 2.5yrs in the Yukon can me on a battery . . . but 5yrs with the x-wife . . . that must have been a test :lol: (KIDDING)

I notice you have the 5-speed, me too, had to wait 3 full months for my car because I insisted on the 5-speed. Glad I did. What a joy to drive.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #28 of 46 Old 10-03-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I notice you have the 5-speed, me too, had to wait 3 full months for my car because I insisted on the 5-speed. Glad I did. What a joy to drive.
Manual tranmission is a definet must for us. When driving an automatic now I look for the clutch and I can't stand waiting for it to shift.

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
post #29 of 46 Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Quote:
Manual tranmission is a definet must for us. When driving an automatic now I look for the clutch and I can't stand waiting for it to shift.
CVT doesn't shift though... just smooth sailing the whole time.

post #30 of 46 Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 PM

Garage
Still leaves that left foot with nothing to do . . . but I don't think we will get the same fuel economy as the CVT, with the 5-speed the rev's run higher. Anyway for over 30yrs I've never owned anything but a standard, except a Grand Cherokee wife's car in '93, but I aways had a standard too.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in