FCA stupidity - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tyler-98-W68
  • 2 Post By Jim Heller

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-04-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

FCA stupidity

Advertising that focuses on the outdoors, family, and dogs. (not Jeep). All vehicles equipped with four wheel drive. (not Jeep). FCA doesn't understand how to market their vehicles but Subaru shows them how it's done.

Subaru Believes Dog-focused Advertising Has Been Part of its Success
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Jeep's sales have been pretty strong, I don't see any issue with their marketing. In some cases they haven't advertised much but still managed to sell a ton of vehicles.
ghiser30 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 9 Old 09-04-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

I think FCA wastes a lot of money on licencing deals, for example the Batman edition Jeep Renegade, or 'partnering' with movies:

Fiat Chrysler partners with Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

Subaru has long outpaced Jeep in critical areas such as earnings per vehicle. And the trend is getting worse:

In A Slowing Automotive Market, Subaru, Nissan Expected To Gain Share In 2017, According To Kelley

some quotes: "In the first five months of 2017, no brand lost more market share than Jeep. "

"In the past few years, the market has come to Subaru," said Kelley Blue Book Executive Analyst Rebecca Lindland. "Their brand is strong and their products are exactly what customers are shopping for. They've been smart with incentives, managing inventory very well." At current pace, Subaru could pass Hyundai in U.S. market share by the end of the year."

I would also remind people that FCA's idiot CEO Sergio spent a lot of time trying to find anyone to buy the company or merge with it. At the time he was saying that FCA as a whole was too small to go it alone Subaru was proving him wrong by selling every vehicle they could make and making a good profit on each vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-04-2017, 08:34 PM

Garage
No stats to back it up, but IMO, Jeep has done well with a couple recent campaigns. The Compass ads generated a lot interest. You can check YouTube to see how many folks looked up a particular song from their commercials. Likewise with the Renegade, and the song by x ambassadors! Personally, I wasn't truly considering Jeep, but was swayed by their advertising (and really great deals)!!!! Where I live, you see F-150's, lots of Subarus, and a high representation of Jeeps!
post #5 of 9 Old 09-05-2017, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiser30 View Post
No stats to back it up, but IMO, Jeep has done well with a couple recent campaigns. The Compass ads generated a lot interest. You can check YouTube to see how many folks looked up a particular song from their commercials. Likewise with the Renegade, and the song by x ambassadors! Personally, I wasn't truly considering Jeep, but was swayed by their advertising (and really great deals)!!!! Where I live, you see F-150's, lots of Subarus, and a high representation of Jeeps!
I think the Japanese companies do a much better job of knowing what their product is, and being consistent over many years. It becomes something that you no longer need to advertise. For example everyone knows what a Toyota Corolla is, and even though the vehicles have changed greatly over the decades they are still the same thing. They don't need to deperately try to invent an identity; there has never been a Batman Corolla as far as I know.
Trying to link your vehicles to a specific movie is the opposite of consistency. A movie comes and goes; the Hunger Games was actually a series but still didn't last long. A typical vehicle is on the road for 13 years, a movie themed vehicle is popular for what, a few months. This is the typical American corporation focus on the short term only.
Subaru has really taken over what should be Jeep's core market - and mostly because Jeep doesn't know what they are doing from one year to the next and wandered away from their own identity like an Alzheimers patient, rather than any underhanded plot by Subaru.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-05-2017, 08:48 PM

I don't pay any attention to commercials. I was in the market for a new 4WD/AWD, looked at Subaru for a minute. Then I saw the new Compass. For me, when I see the Crosstrek on the road, they just look a way more plain jane tree hugger. My Trailhawk looks mean comparatively (JMHO of course).
ghiser30 and tflynnmn like this.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-05-2017, 10:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Heller View Post
I don't pay any attention to commercials. I was in the market for a new 4WD/AWD, looked at Subaru for a minute. Then I saw the new Compass. For me, when I see the Crosstrek on the road, they just look a way more plain jane tree hugger. My Trailhawk looks mean comparatively (JMHO of course).
Agree Jim!
post #8 of 9 Old 09-06-2017, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 9 Old 09-07-2017, 03:48 AM

Good for them. Ugly in my opinion, obviously lots of people disagree. I'm not a station wagon type.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in