Whats the price of gas? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 75 Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Whats the price of gas?

So what is the prices of gas near you?
Currently in Winnipeg, Mb:
$1.08/L (that's aprox $4.09 a US Gal or $4.81 a Imperial Gal)

Also it's currently -25c......

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 PM

$1.04 a Litre in the Toronto Area.

Check out this website:

http://www.torontogasprices.com/

:!:

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #3 of 75 Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 PM

14.90 EEK / Litre,
thats $1.41 a Litre in Estonia

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 CRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd
14.90 EEK / Litre,
thats $1.41 a Litre in Estonia
That is what I would say if I ever saw gas at 14.90/l

EEK!
post #5 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 02:08 PM

Around here it varies between $2.95-$3.05/gallon for regular unleaded.

Thankfully its $2.95 by my house.

post #6 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtball

79c /L :!:

I don't think that I will ever see that again in Canada

post #7 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Quote:

79c /L :!:

I don't think that I will ever see that again in Canada
That's partially because we have much more Tax on our gas. The scary thing is that Canada has the Second Cheapest Gas in the World.

post #8 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
That's partially because we have much more Tax on our gas. The scary thing is that Canada has the Second Cheapest Gas in the World.

And we provide the majority of petrolium products to the US

post #9 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
kwc

Quote:

averaging $3.25 a gallon around here (eastern upstate NY).

Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 Jeep Green!
post #10 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yup. We have the second most oil reserves in the world. Only Saudi Arabia has more.

post #11 of 75 Old 11-28-2007, 08:38 PM

Garage
BOYCOTT GAS STATIONS CONVIENCE STORES

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yup. We have the second most oil reserves in the world. Only Saudi Arabia has more.
Well the price at the pumps in Montreal today is $1.17 per liter. Hopefully this week's high.
They play a funny game in this town, dropping the price slowwwly, penny by penny, over the course of the week or 10days.
Dropping maybe about 6 cents, then finally drop it another penny or two on the same day that they come back upping it a dime. Always getting it a bit higher over the months. :cry:
I don't find these adjustments have anything to do with foreign exchanges or price per barrel fluctuation in the news.
Totally random it seems.
Imagine if any other business could get away with changing their prices on such a basis.
Sure would be fun buying groceries. :P
Consumer protection - what a joke.

:twisted: In protest I refuse to buy any other products but gas from the outlets.
Not even a loto ticket.
Seems they have all become convenience stores as well as gas stations. I won't let them make an extra nickel from me.
They have really killed the small independent neighbourhood variety/convenience stores but I will make the effort to stop and buy my papers, milk, chocolates etc from the local.
WON'T BY MILK OR BEER FROM SOMEBODY WHO SELLS GAS . . . BUT I will make them take back my empties, :!:
Love to make them handle that crap. Also I would love not to use the instant payment at the pumps, but there is always such a line up inside - people buying milk, cigarettes, whatever, that I can't wait so long.
TAFN - :arrow: I stand down from my soapbox.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #12 of 75 Old 11-29-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc
Quote:

averaging $3.25 a gallon around here (eastern upstate NY).
I'm not surprised. I was in new york not too long ago and saw that the cigs there were like close to $10 a pack!!!

Thank god I don't smoke. lol

Also gas killed me up there too. Since I live in the upper part of maryland it doesnt effect us harshly.

post #13 of 75 Old 11-29-2007, 02:34 PM

$1.00.0 a Litre here today.

post #14 of 75 Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Garage
Re: BOYCOTT GAS STATIONS CONVIENCE STORES

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
Nov 28th.
Well the price at the pumps in Montreal today is $1.17 per liter. Hopefully this week's high.
They play a funny game in this town, dropping the price slowwwly, penny by penny, over the course of the week or 10days.
Today I am seeing $1.14 and $1.15/L at the pumps - hay . . . if I bought a shirt at Department store yesterday for $15 and I go back in a couple of days and they have them on sale for $10 the store has no problem to refund the difference. I think if I bought gas yesterday at $1.17 and today they dropped the price to $1.14 that I should be credited the difference also.

Loved

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #15 of 75 Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Today I am seeing $1.14 and $1.15/L at the pumps - hay . . . if I bought a shirt at Department store yesterday for $15 and I go back in a couple of days and they have them on sale for $10 the store has no problem to refund the difference. I think if I bought gas yesterday at $1.17 and today they dropped the price to $1.14 that I should be credited the difference also.
My issue is that the gas companies say THEY don't set the prices and that the high prices are due to the taxes. They why is it that the prices differ across the same city? Heck across the same province. If the prices are governed by taxes and the gas companies make very little profit on the sales then shouldn't prices be the same across a province.

Also you see at all the stations "Save 7c a liter when you ....". So if the price is 1.07 and they are saying that you can save 7 cents at the pump then obviously the $ per liter is less than 1 dollar beacuse they are definely not going to sell it without still making a profit. Also they know they have consumers where they want them, it's not like we have 'alternatives' that we can go to. (Yes I know I could go buy a Smart car and use electric but I can't really fit 3 kids in there with grocieries)

post #16 of 75 Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 AM

In Brisbane Australia, it's $1.30/L for unleaded!!

I have the Turbo Diesel Compass though, so it's 20c more a litre!!
post #17 of 75 Old 12-03-2007, 02:16 PM

98.5 Cents per Litre today.

post #18 of 75 Old 12-11-2007, 04:30 AM

106.2 L
post #19 of 75 Old 12-11-2007, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Back to a 1.02 L in the peg today

post #20 of 75 Old 12-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Garage
Last week we were down to $1.06 per liter, yesterday back up, $1.12per liter . . . quite the sea saw . . . ha ha ha . . . and we are having a great ride.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #21 of 75 Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Is it? I never looked on my way home, I thought it was still 106, or are you taking the 3.5 off?
post #22 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Administrator

That is precisely why I really got a kick out of reading the major oil companies' quarterly and end of year profits from last year. In the U.S., it is well known that the oil companies and the auto makers work together, and the oil companies are the ones that are the most influential in setting the mpg requirements on the vehicles we buy and drive and pay to gas up. Our government is trying to change that, but when the higher ups are also key players in the same industry, I am glad I bought the Compass. It does make me mad enough to spit nails, but I love laughing at them as I pass by, and like some, they only get out of me what I need from them, not a penny more.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #23 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 AM

Garage

Quote:
:twisted: In protest I refuse to buy any other products but gas from the outlets.
Not even a loto ticket.
Seems they have all become convenience stores as well as gas stations. I won't let them make an extra nickel from me.
They have really killed the small independent neighbourhood variety/convenience stores but I will make the effort to stop and buy my papers, milk, chocolates etc from the local.
WON'T BY MILK OR BEER FROM SOMEBODY WHO SELLS GAS . . . BUT I will make them take back my empties, :!:
Love to make them handle that crap. Also I would love not to use the instant payment at the pumps, but there is always such a line up inside - people buying milk, cigarettes, whatever, that I can't wait so long.
I just had to beat the drum one more time . . . avoid supporting Gas Station Convenience Stores . . . make the extra effort, the extra stop to pick up your gum, cigarettes, milk, beer or whatever elsewhere, and support small business instead of the Petrochemical companies!

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #24 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Quote:
Is it? I never looked on my way home, I thought it was still 106, or are you taking the 3.5 off?

Nope that was posted at the Domo on Ness + Madison

post #25 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
kwc

Quote:
Quote:
Not even a loto ticket.
I just had to beat the drum one more time . . . avoid supporting Gas Station Convenience Stores . . . make the extra effort, the extra stop to pick up your gum, cigarettes, milk, beer or whatever elsewhere, and support small business instead of the Petrochemical companies!
We have a "local" chain of convenience stores (based in Saratoga, NY) who sell gasoline, and generally I will purchase my gasoline from them rather than anyone else. Sometimes I buy milk or ice cream there (they started as a dairy store and expanded over the years), and the Sunday newspaper. I don't think I'm supporting the "petrochemical companies" by buying my fuel there.

post #26 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM

Garage
Boycott Servie Station Convenience

Ok, hard call for me. Each region has it differences. Many station owners, to stay with the times, as well as replace the $ the service bay used to bring in, have widened their offerings. Station owners only make a few pennies per liter on the gas, most of the take going to taxes and Petrochemical suppliers.
Montreal the trend has gone away from stations offering mechanical repair to stations offering the full range of items from car washes, beer, milk, deli, fresh bread, coffee etc . . ., at a huge cost to the neighbourhood hand car wash, grocery and convenience stores. How can they compete?
Gone are the greasy garages now replaced with shiny “multimarts”.
Maybe the one-stop thing is better ecologically, I just hate to see the end of corner stores.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #27 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Re: Whats the price of gas?

That's a big difference between the US and Canada. In the US you still have small shops that include a gas pump (Mom + Pop conveince store), in Canada is a Gas Station that sells other stuff (Petrocan, Shell, Esso, etc). There really isn't many of the corner store that sells gas as well, in fact there really isn't may of the corner store left.

post #28 of 75 Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM

Garage
Re: Boycott

That’s my point exactly!
Our corner convenience store has supported a number of newly arrived Asian families over the years. Seems to be a great entry to hard working, self-supporting families. Who else would work those hours? Children often helping out while not studying.
The Petrocompany convenience store is operated by part time kids paid minimum wage who usually can’t even add two numbers together or figure change without the cash register (and so often helped out with the “quick-payment” options at the fuel pump).
OK so both ways make jobs, but just think where are the profits are going in each case?

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #29 of 75 Old 01-19-2008, 12:59 AM

here in Indianapolis (Indiana USA), our gas was $2.59 yesterday and now is $2.84.....WHAT HAPPENED? did we have a "hurricane" somewhere in the Gulf??? :lol:
post #30 of 75 Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
kwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51_Jeepster
here in Indianapolis (Indiana USA), our gas was $2.59 yesterday and now is $2.84.....WHAT HAPPENED? did we have a "hurricane" somewhere in the Gulf??? :lol:
stop whining ... it's $3.29 a gallon here in upstate NY

:twisted:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in