Favorite Food? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 34 Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Favorite Food?

gee, the "General Topics" forum sure has a lot of Jeep / Compass threads. I'm going to make sure that changes right now

What's your favorite food? Mine is pasta. Preferably cheese ravioli with rose sauce, or penne with alfredo sauce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 12-18-2007, 11:33 AM

Garage
Re: Favorite Food?

You cannot be serious . . . anyway mark me down for Grilled Octopus.
Yumm.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 34 Old 12-18-2007, 05:20 PM

Thats a toss up between a BBQ T-Bone steak Rare, and a chocolate chip cookies :mrgreen:

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 12-18-2007, 08:36 PM

I'll have a heaping plateful of extra crispy, cajun flavored, jumbo chicken wings, and a pitcher of cold beer to wash them down.
post #5 of 34 Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Well, I thought that was the purpose of this site, he he, but indeed it does make interesting reading, I will have a good surf and turf, if not, well anything Italian will work. I love cuisine from other countries. Went to a great Indian restaurant in Metaire (just outside New Orleans) recently. Fabulous! Almost forgot, BBQ and soul food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 34 Old 12-19-2007, 04:05 AM

Lately it seems to be a Wendy's Classic Triple Combo, Biggie sized with a Diet Coke.
post #7 of 34 Old 12-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Lately it seems to be a Wendy's Classic Triple Combo, Biggie sized with a Diet Coke.
The Baconator!!!

post #8 of 34 Old 12-19-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

I've had the Baconator a few times. Damn it's good. But that's not the kind of burger you can have anyday

I also really like ribs from Tony Romas. MMMMMM....
post #9 of 34 Old 12-19-2007, 04:44 PM

Garage

Wendy’s is my favourite fast food for burgers hands down but these days trying to go more healthy, things like Shish-Taouk & hummus. We have a chain in Montreal called Amir’s who have a great Lebanese fast food menu.

Tony Roma’s for ribs, mmmm, great choice! I think they had a great brick of onion rings too. Miss them. We used to have them but gone from here now. Still enjoy them when I can.

I have to add LOBSTER - North Atlantic Maritime Lobster, and not those 1-1/4 babies on the 2 for specials, 2lbs or bigger, 3lbs great to share, cooked any which way, hot or cold, but first choice is right from the steamer . . . Yummm, too bad they are so costly.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #10 of 34 Old 12-29-2007, 01:12 AM

Beef...medium rare closer to rare! Throw a rope around it, drag it to the table, I'll hack a hunk off and ride the rest home. Guess I'm not going to get any Christmas cards from the Vegetarians
post #11 of 34 Old 01-02-2008, 01:18 PM

MEAT!!!! :!: :!:

post #12 of 34 Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Thats an easy one. Maryland blue crab. There is no crab like ours, nothing can compare.

post #13 of 34 Old 01-05-2008, 06:27 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtball
Thats an easy one. Maryland blue crab. There is no crab like ours, nothing can compare.
- Except maybe their Virginia Beach Cousins . . . I had the pleasure of their aquaintence soft shell a couple of summers ago, maybe they compare. THEY WERE GREAT.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #14 of 34 Old 01-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
Quote:
- Except maybe their Virginia Beach Cousins . . . I had the pleasure of their aquaintence soft shell a couple of summers ago, maybe they compare. THEY WERE GREAT.
Hell no! soft shell crabs are horrible! Steam me up some blue crab and let me pick away!!! :mrgreen:

Now, a close 2nd would prolly have to be the Alaskan snow crab, those are good to.

post #15 of 34 Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Now, a close 2nd would prolly have to be the Alaskan snow crab, those are good to.
UNTIL YOU'VE HAD A 2 POUND ATLANTIC LOBSTER!

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #16 of 34 Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
kwc

fresh Alaskan salmon (such as King) ... fresh Alaskan moose is also pretty tasty. Fresh Alaskan halibut too.

notice a theme here? hehhehehe ...

We've been fortunate enough to have had all of the above ... courtesy of our son. Except for the halibut ... he and I caught that together (125 lbs of fish!).

Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 Jeep Green!
post #17 of 34 Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
Quote:
Quote:
UNTIL YOU'VE HAD A 2 POUND ATLANTIC LOBSTER!
whoa whoa whoa! If you want to talk about lobster, then yes, I agree. But crabs and lobster are 2 different foods. So when it comes to crabs, maryland blue crab, Lobster, I will agree with the atlantic.

post #18 of 34 Old 01-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc
fresh Alaskan salmon (such as King) ... fresh Alaskan moose is also pretty tasty. Fresh Alaskan halibut too.

We've been fortunate enough to have had all of the above ... courtesy of our son. Except for the halibut ... he and I caught that together (125 lbs of fish!).
Try going samon fishing in the Yukon or Alaska. That's almost scary. I had a guy drag a 110 lb salmon out beside me (after what seemed to me a good battle). Afterward his wife walked up, looked it and said 'Small one'. I looked at my rod with 50lb test on it and almost crapped myself. No wonder my line kept breaking. :|

post #19 of 34 Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 PM
kwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwc

Try going samon fishing in the Yukon or Alaska. That's almost scary. I had a guy drag a 110 lb salmon out beside me (after what seemed to me a good battle). Afterward his wife walked up, looked it and said 'Small one'. I looked at my rod with 50lb test on it and almost crapped myself. No wonder my line kept breaking. :|
My son goes dip netting in the Chitina River ... did very well this past year!

Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 Jeep Green!
post #20 of 34 Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 AM

I have lots of my favourite food and that's why i am heavy in health. My favoutie foods are:
Vietnamese Rolls, Air-Popped Popcorn, Butter Chicken, Nectarines, Spice Girls Gum, Ginger Beef, White Beans, Steak Cut Fries, Cashews, Orange Flavoured Soft Ice-Cream, White Rice, Green Onions, Fuddruckers Mustard, Tacos.

post #21 of 34 Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Garage
Hot Boudin
post #22 of 34 Old 04-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Garage
Seriously tho what's the big deal about seafood? Give me a double whopper with cheese please (from BK/Hungry jacks). If only they sold steak cut chips there...

Thats lunch outta the way, for dinner I'll have a nice lasagna at an italian restaurant. Probably on Lygon street in Melbourne. mmm...With garlic bread of course.

But the idea of a favourite food is kinda narrow. There are too many! Tacos, pizza, A variety of chinese dishes (trust me, it tastes waaay better over here), mongolian style hotpot (thats mostly lamb btw), ok I guess I'll take a nice serve of Aussie fish and chips too so maybe seafood is alright after all lol. A nice home-made roast chicken/beef/lamb has to be in here too, with all the veggies and gravy ~slurp~.

To name but a few...
post #23 of 34 Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtball View Post
whoa whoa whoa! If you want to talk about lobster, then yes, I agree. But crabs and lobster are 2 different foods. So when it comes to crabs, maryland blue crab, Lobster, I will agree with the atlantic.
Have to agree with the blue crab on that one. No one got **** on our crabs lol

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #24 of 34 Old 04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
Hot Boudin
Mmmmmmmm!!!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #25 of 34 Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM

I love the Crab from MD (especially a crab dip the chef wouldn't give me in Baltimore harbour)
Other foods are Pasta, Cajun and Indian

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #26 of 34 Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM

You guys are making me hungry! I will have one of everything mentioned so far.

One meal I look forward to is a shrimp boil. Just shrimp, kielbasa, potatos, and corn on the cob, seasonings, a good beer and some great friends to enjoy it with. Wish you were all here!

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 06-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.
post #27 of 34 Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Maybe we need to have an annual rally somewhere. With our Compasses of course!

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #28 of 34 Old 06-29-2010, 07:22 PM

my favorite food is tortellini...yummy
post #29 of 34 Old 10-22-2010, 04:11 AM

Mine is mango float! ^_^
post #30 of 34 Old 10-22-2010, 05:07 AM

It's very hard for me to come up with a favorite food. I'll eat everything except seafood/fish. But being married to someone would eat seafood every day, I do cook crab,lobster, shrimp, etc. I'm familiar with blue crab, especially soft shelled crab sandwiches that my husband loves. I make a low-country boil using Paula Deen's reciepe, and I take out my portion of kielbasa, potatoes and corn before adding the shrimp to the pot.

We consider ourselves foodies, and enjoy eating out, and cooking at home. I'd have to list italian at the top of my list. I make a great lasagna. But if I was stranded on a desert island, the one thing that I would definately have to have would be a jar of creamy peanut butter. I eat peanut butter at least once a day.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in