It's Hot! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

It's Hot!

So I am running the A/C on my daily commute and notice about a 2 MPG decrease on fuel economy(24.5 MPG). This is about what I expected.. Does this sound consistant with what you are getting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 02:15 AM

yup that sounds about right for me as well.... im planing on buying the compass magnaflow muffler and seeing if that improves my milage from 27-28 mpg (without the ac on) to 30 mpg .... i'm hoping at least.

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
post #3 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 AM

I am getting about 24 with A/C on as well. I will get to turn it off around January 1st.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-28-2009, 05:08 PM

When I first started driving the Compass, it was during a cool snap, and was using the A/C sporadically and driving anmost exclusively on the freeway. Got nearly 29 MPG out of the first tank of gas. Weather came back to normal (HOT!) and I did more city driving, and now I'm getting around 25 MPG.
Looking forward to cooler weather.

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
post #5 of 11 Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 PM

I get 22-24 in the city with the ac on. I don't like the performance of the vehicle with the ac on. It seems to be losing rpms with the ac turned on. However, I recently took 385 mile highway trip with my Compass and I got about 28 mpg with the ac on. IMy Compass has a 4spd manual and the 174hp engine.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-30-2009, 07:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire410 View Post
I get 22-24 in the city with the ac on. I don't like the performance of the vehicle with the ac on. It seems to be losing rpms with the ac turned on. However, I recently took 385 mile highway trip with my Compass and I got about 28 mpg with the ac on. IMy Compass has a 4spd manual and the 174hp engine.
Five speed of four speed??
post #7 of 11 Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM

I never claimed Jeep owners could count. Of course I have a 5spd manual..
post #8 of 11 Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Nobody is perfect! I would like to know it there are any opinions about whether different retail gasoline has different MPG potentials. Let me be specific, do you get better MPG from a certain Gas/Fuel station?

|
|
post #9 of 11 Old 09-06-2009, 03:26 PM

I try to use a brand name fuel. Usually Shell, or BP. The couple of times I have purchased from discounters it feels as though the engine is misfiring. Also smoother starts from the brand names. The branded fuels also have additives to help keep the engine clean which means you may not see immediate results but you might after 60,000 miles or so.

Personally I tend to think long term say 125,000 to 150,000 miles.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-07-2009, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

I'm thinking long term too. My Compass has 56k on the odometer, and steadily climbing.

|
|
post #11 of 11 Old 08-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Yup...and don't run that puppy on super hot days going up hills

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in