Low windshield washer indicator - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Low windshield washer indicator

Hello all,

I read in the manual that when you have the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) which comes with the driver's convenience group if I'm not mistaken, which I have, you should be warned that you have a "Low Washer Fluid" condition. That is, if you're about to be empty in your windshield washer fluid tank, the EVIC in the dash should chime and show "Low Washer Fluid".

I completely emptied this tank 2 times now and it never happened, there never was any warning of any kind.

Now, is it just me having a problem with this feature or is it just non-existent in the Compass and they forgot to remove it from the user's manual.

Btw, I'm referring to page 177 of the English version owner's manual.

Here's a little quotation from the owner's manual about all the other things that we should be warned if we have the EVIC:

UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL 177

When the appropriate conditions exist, the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) displays the following messages.

Turn Signal On (with a continuous warning chime)
Left Front Turn Signal Lamp Out (with a single chime)
Left Rear Turn Signal Lamp Out (with a single chime)
Right Front Turn Signal Lamp Out (with a single chime)
Right Rear Turn Signal Lamp Out (with a single chime)
RKE Battery Low (with a single chime)
Personal Settings Not Available -Vehicle Not in Park (automatic transmissions) or vehicle is in motion (manual transmissions)
Left/Right Front Door Ajar (one or more, with a single chime if speed is above 1 mph)
Left/Right Rear Door Ajar (one or more, with a single chime if speed is above 1 mph)
Door (S) Ajar (with a single chime if vehicle is in motion
Gate Ajar (with a single chime)
Low Washer Fluid (with a single chime)
Headlamps On
Key In Ignition
Check TPM System

For me, the real important one, especially in winter (yes I live in Canada) is the low washer fluid one. Having windshield washer fluid in your tank is as important as any other security feature and I was relying on this in my previous 3 cars and was very happy to learn (in the manual) that I also had this feature in my Jeep. But I think they speak of it even though it is not included in our Compasses. Big deception...

I know for a fact the the warning about the doors and gate ajar are functioning, same goes for the headlamps on and key in ignition, I can't tell about the others. If any of you have had one of those, wave your hand (oh, and reply to this also, hehehe)

RedVortex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-08-2007, 03:00 AM

A few weeks back I had to pull off the highway to toss some snow on the windshield cause I was out of WW fluid. No warning at all, I don't know if I have the package that you are talking about. I had it in my old plain jane vw golf. It's one feature that should be on all cars.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-16-2007, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Self reply

I had my first oil change and asked about this and was very unhappy with the answer.

Compass do not have this feature even though it says so in the manual. Chrysler issued a dealer notice regarding this.

That's very stupid if you ask me. But that's how it is. No low windshield washer indicator for us.

RedVortex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-16-2007, 06:59 PM

Well that sucks! Thanks for the info. We just experienced the "surprise! no windshield washer fluid left!" problem yesterday and of course, we were already on our way out of town. We are definitely getting grumblier about our Compass every day! It is too bad that they cheap out on the most basic things because I can't complain about the way my Compass drives but these stupid little things make me want to trade this thing off as soon as I can.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-16-2007, 10:55 PM

cant speak for anyone else, but i still actually check my windshield washer fluid (level) every so often, especially in the winter............
post #6 of 8 Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Me, personally, I don't know if the EVIC feature for that works on mine or not. What I do find annoying, is that there is a little vent in the top of the tank, and if you don't check it periodically, it still runs low, whether you use it or not. My Cherokee doesn't do that. Also, the fluid in the engine coolant tank seems to be going down, long before I thought it would. It doesn't seem to be a very warm running vehicle, but I'm not even to 3K miles yet! Anyone else notice the fluids are low, past the mark?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 8 Old 12-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah that one's a pain in the butt
post #8 of 8 Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Re: Low windshield washer indicator

Hi all,

Same problem with mine, use to work but now it is dead...

Going to garage to fix it.

Christian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in