engine ticking/knocking sound question? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 10-14-2014, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

engine ticking/knocking sound question?

First off hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.. well my wife has a bought new 2013 compass with 18,000 miles on it last year.always ran great and still does.well last week when she would turn engine off you could hear a hard ticking sound as the engine shut off.

Almost knocking- on passinger side.sounds like top valve cover.just started doing it afew weeks ago. Not sure the deal? Runs great just a ticking/knocking sound at shut down.we did but it new last year and oil was changed regularly. . Not even driven hard or much.

Hope you guys can help us out.
thanks, shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-14-2014, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Is it a short series of clicks, and then nothing right after the initial turn off. If so I know the exact sound, my 2012 does the same, its normal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 5 Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
Is it a short series of clicks, and then nothing right after the initial turn off. If so I know the exact sound, my 2012 does the same, its normal.
tyler, yes.when jeep is turned off it clicks at the last second or so.. but it never did it before. What is that clicking? Compass runs fine and like I said only 18,000 and oil is changed regulary.the wife is worried..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I"m not sure exactly what it is, but it may be a relay turning on and off, but really nothing to be worried about at all, wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #5 of 5 Old 10-14-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
I"m not sure exactly what it is, but it may be a relay turning on and off, but really nothing to be worried about at all, wish I could give you a more definitive answer.
no problem, thanks for the reply. If any one else has any information let me know. Thanks, shawn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in