2012 Compass bucking - Jeep Compass Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 03-09-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 7
 
Exclamation 2012 Compass bucking

From dead stop to normal speeds it bucks like crazy when merging or just trying to pass . reset computer to relearn and still same thing .It has 118000 mil can anyone help me . some times it very dangerous in traffic.
NRAPAL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 03-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 92
 
I had a problem similar with my 2014 Compass (2.4l 6-speed automatic). Took it to the dealership, they had to re-flash the TCM (Transmission Control Module). There were a few times where I needed instant acceleration and the vehicle would "Buck" or hesitate to provide any power at all for at least a few seconds. Once the lag would stop, i would get an obnoxious amount of acceleration and RPMs... It hasn't done it since they applied their "dealership magic" (). I'm still hesitant because the gear shifting is so damn shotty. Some days it shifts better than others. I think it all depends on the weather outside too...
Robxstone is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 7
 
I will first put new plugs and cables and a new crank shaft position sensor and clean air flow sensors . Hope that works if anyone has done this please let me know. Next I will try what you did. Thanks for the feedback
NRAPAL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 03-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 370
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robxstone View Post
I had a problem similar with my 2014 Compass (2.4l 6-speed automatic). Took it to the dealership, they had to re-flash the TCM (Transmission Control Module). There were a few times where I needed instant acceleration and the vehicle would "Buck" or hesitate to provide any power at all for at least a few seconds. Once the lag would stop, i would get an obnoxious amount of acceleration and RPMs... It hasn't done it since they applied their "dealership magic" (). I'm still hesitant because the gear shifting is so damn shotty. Some days it shifts better than others. I think it all depends on the weather outside too...
Hey Robxstone,

Please keep the forum updated on the progress of your vehicle.
JeepCares is online now  
post #5 of 9 Old 03-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 92
 
So far it's okay, I guess you can say I've learned to deal with it... I came from a GM vehicle before, and I'm still pretty happy with this jeep. The transmission is the only trouble I have with this vehicle. I feel as if Chrysler or jeep should eliminate the 'learn mode' from these 6-9 speed transmissions.. I understand that it has to learn each owners driving style.. But it seems that these transmissions learn incorrectly. The first 3 gears are the ones I have the biggest problem with. If I experience anything further I will let you guys know.
Robxstone is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 03-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
tripplec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belleville, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,897
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRAPAL View Post
From dead stop to normal speeds it bucks like crazy when merging or just trying to pass . reset computer to relearn and still same thing .It has 118000 mil can anyone help me . some times it very dangerous in traffic.
Take it to Calgary. You'll get a good deal on it especially when the Calgary Stampede is on.

LOL

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tripplec is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 03-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 370
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robxstone View Post
So far it's okay, I guess you can say I've learned to deal with it... I came from a GM vehicle before, and I'm still pretty happy with this jeep. The transmission is the only trouble I have with this vehicle. I feel as if Chrysler or jeep should eliminate the 'learn mode' from these 6-9 speed transmissions.. I understand that it has to learn each owners driving style.. But it seems that these transmissions learn incorrectly. The first 3 gears are the ones I have the biggest problem with. If I experience anything further I will let you guys know.
Hey Robxstone,

Thank you for keeping the forum updated. If you continue to experience concerns, please reach out via private message.
JeepCares is online now  
post #8 of 9 Old 03-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Alex77789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 3
 
No insult intended, but Compass is in the list of the worst cars of the last 15 years, so it's no wonder that there're lots of problems with it.
There's an article about that if you like--->italkaboutcars.com/21st-century-weirdos-the-worst-cars-of-the-last-15-years
Alex77789 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 03-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
tripplec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belleville, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,897
 
Thumbs down

@Alex77789

I think one appeared in 2006 somewhere but 2007 is it proper first year. It far from a quality vehicle and filled with bugs. Yes and I don't recommend it. Any year. Buying a used 2007 is throwing good money away. It was the worst build. Even the Journey is on the not recommended list and stay away from at JDPower.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tripplec is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome