2008 Jeep compass North Edition - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2008 Jeep compass North Edition

HI, I just bought my first jeep, totally stoked about it, but it has what to me sounds like a weird Gurgling sound coming from down around my muffler, it starts once the car is coming up to temperature,

The sound comes from right behind the tire, right around were the pipe comes in from the front, sounds like a gurgling or almost boiling water..

I just got the car on Monday, At first salesman said it's normal.... (quite quickly i would have to say....) then they had a look and claims that it's likely just water from when they washed the car prior to delivering it to me... but that should have dissipated No? When i picked it up i also noticed that water was been kicked out my tail pipe... not just dripping.

I am just worried it's something inside the engine, has anyone else experienced anything like this... I am taking it to a friend of mine this weekend to see if there is anything he can see before we start tearing apart the motor....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 PM

It not normal. First check your coolant resevoir and not if its full or not. You'll want to keep and eye on it now and then. It should not drop but will be higher after a drive from the hot engine.

Some water coming out the tail pipe is not altogether unusal since its part of the combustion process but it minimal. You could take it for a good drive on the highway and see if it stops and should get blown out by the exhaust pressure. If not then I would have it check by a mechanic (dealer or otherwise). Also check your oil for signs of water in the oil. If you're not accustomed to maintaining your own vehicle (oil changes and such) then have a professional look at it while its still has warranty and the seller.

Did you buy this from a dealer? You neglected to mention the source.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah I did buy it from a dealer so i do still have a warranty with them.

I am am able to do most of the maintenance, I just really don't have were to actually do it, the street is not really a great place to changing oil and such (WISH i did).... so i usually just drop by Canadian tire and have the changes done there.

yeah the the drive from ST Jean, to Montreal when i bought it is a about 1/2hr... Figured that would be long enough.

Gonna have to pass by my friends garage in the west end... damm.

tnks.

Last edited by Corey stephenson; 06-17-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-17-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey stephenson View Post
Yeah I did buy it from a dealer so i do still have a warranty with them.

I am am able to do most of the maintenance, I just really don't have were to actually do it, the street is not really a great place to changing oil and such (WISH i did).... so i usually just drop by Canadian tire and have the changes done there.

yeah the the drive from ST Jean, to Montreal when i bought it is a about 1/2hr... Figured that would be long enough.

Gonna have to pass by my friends garage in the west end... damm.

tnks.
Then you know what the oil on the dipstick should look like etc and can monitor it. No need for oil to be changed yet if it was upon delivery as it should have been. I change mine at the 5k mark give or take and never wait for the dam light. Best to have it written up on a work order "water in the exhaust" have them check it. If there is a problem later you have a fall back as well that it was reported even if no fault was found this time. Word of mouth and sales man saying something like normal don't mean squat!!! Get it on a work order it was like that when you took delivery.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in